Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embed CCTV camera display in webpage

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭

this is probably a silly question but here goes anyway..

I have CCTV camera's set up and my CCTV DVR is accessible on the net via my IP address and relevant port i.e 12.23.34.5:75

so I can visit my IP address and logon from any internet pc and view the cameras.

At work however, it does not seem possible to visit my IP address - I just get network errors. Whatever they have done stops you logging on to your home network.

So.... Is there any way to include my IP address (fixed) with port number in a webpage and allow logon from within the page?

Or am I talking total rubbish?! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I am presuming this is an issue with running active X or something like that. At the moment you are logging into the DVR and it is allowing display of the cameras via its own software. What you are looking for it to do though is to broadcast and stream it..

What brand model is your DVR?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi Fusion. Yes, I do have to install an active X when viewing for the first time so maybe this is just that my workplace obviously prevent me from doing that (or even viewing the option)

I see what you mean about wanting to stream it. It's an AVTECH AVC761.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Let me have a think about it and see it there is something possible.. Have you got your own domain/website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

this is probably a silly question but here goes anyway..

I have CCTV camera's set up and my CCTV DVR is accessible on the net via my IP address and relevant port i.e 12.23.34.5:75

so I can visit my IP address and logon from any internet pc and view the cameras.

At work however, it does not seem possible to visit my IP address - I just get network errors. Whatever they have done stops you logging on to your home network.

So.... Is there any way to include my IP address (fixed) with port number in a webpage and allow logon from within the page?

Or am I talking total rubbish?! :o
    At home, you are most likely accessing your private address (e.g 192.168.1.xx:8080) from work, you will need to access your public address instead (e.g 88.121.55.66:8080).

What's your ISP and what's your IP? (don't post your public IP, if necessary, just the first part of it (88.121.xx.xx).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

cpu-dude wrote: »
    At home, you are most likely accessing your private address (e.g 192.168.1.xx:8080) from work, you will need to access your public address instead (e.g 88.121.55.66:8080).

What's your ISP and what's your IP? (don't post your public IP, if necessary, just the first part of it (88.121.xx.xx).

Hi. I'm using my public IP Address 79.xx.x.x from ntl hence i can access it from anywhere...except work. Fusion, yes i have a domain and webpage thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement