Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muppet of the day award!

Options
  • 20-04-2009 9:45pm

Inspired by the "commuters diary" I thought we should have a thread dedicated to the "muppet of the day".

Here we can document incredibly stupid driving incidents.

Here's one for starters.

Driving northbound on the M50 after joining at the Lucan rd junction.
    In front of me was an artic and this was being closely followed by a "micra" type car, the Artic was in the left slip lane and lane one was clear (as usual) so I expected the muppet to pull out and overtake the lorry so I moved into lane two to leave space (I was going to stay on the M50 at the Blanchardstown junction).

He stayed behind the lorry but was still closing on it, I think that he was so close that the front bumper was almost touching the rear bar of the trailer this was at a speed of 80kmh or so :eek:

I recon that the gap between the tip of baseball cap and the windscreen was larger that the gap between the front of his car and the lorry! (he was leaning forward)

Even worse was the fact that he was completely invisible to the lorry driver as he was directly behind the trailer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Well here is one from last friday night.

Driving to Cork late on friday night. Was somewhere in between Fermoy and the 1st tolled exit, hadnt got too far past the cones where the roadworks are...

When a car came driving towards me in the overtaking lane, I was doing 100kmh and it was going fairly slow.

Dont know where he/she came onto the motorway.....and :( dont know how he/she got off it either.

It was roughly about 11.30pm

Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Inspired by the "commuters diary" I thought we should have a thread dedicated to the "muppet of the day".

Here we can document incredibly stupid driving incidents.

Here's one for starters.

Driving northbound on the M50 after joining at the Lucan rd junction.
    In front of me was an artic and this was being closely followed by a "micra" type car, the Artic was in the left slip lane and lane one was clear (as usual) so I expected the muppet to pull out and overtake the lorry so I moved into lane two to leave space (I was going to stay on the M50 at the Blanchardstown junction).

He stayed behind the lorry but was still closing on it, I think that he was so close that the front bumper was almost touching the rear bar of the trailer this was at a speed of 80kmh or so :eek:

I recon that the gap between the tip of baseball cap and the windscreen was larger that the gap between the front of his car and the lorry! (he was leaning forward)

Even worse was the fact that he was completely invisible to the lorry driver as he was directly behind the trailer!

Probably some absolute gob****e trying to dodge the toll.

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Probably some absolute gob****e trying to dodge the toll.

Yes! I forgot about that :o

I always thought that it was possible in theory, but never expected anyone to try it! those cameras have a very steep angle of attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

Yes! I forgot about that :o

I always thought that it was possible in theory, but never expected anyone to try it! those cameras have a very steep angle of attack.

i was on the understanding they actually took a photo of the rear plate aswell as the front.
    i thought i heard it from the tv when they setup the new layout, as they had cars putting cardboard over the plates

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

FIRE wrote: »
    Well here is one from last friday night.

Driving to Cork late on friday night. Was somewhere in between Fermoy and the 1st tolled exit, hadnt got too far past the cones where the roadworks are...

When a car came driving towards me in the overtaking lane, I was doing 100kmh and it was going fairly slow.

Dont know where he/she came onto the motorway.....and :( dont know how he/she got off it either.

It was roughly about 11.30pm

Anyone else notice this?

:mad:

Lunatic. People like that...there's no word for them really. I rang Traffic Watch there over the weekend...speeding milk lorry of all things on the Fermoy Bypass, easily doing almost 160 km/h stuck on the overtaking lane wobbling all over the place. Gave the Guards ample notice to catch the nutter, but nada. I was stuck behind him all the way to Mitchelstown. He was hogging the overtaking/climbing lane, and wouldn't move over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Furet wrote: »

Lunatic. People like that...there's no word for them really. I rang Traffic Watch there over the weekend...speeding milk lorry of all things on the Fermoy Bypass, easily doing almost 160 km/h stuck on the overtaking lane wobbling all over the place. Gave the Guards ample notice to catch the nutter, but nada. I was stuck behind him all the way to Mitchelstown. He was hogging the overtaking/climbing lane, and wouldn't move over.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

One day they will do some good as potential organ donors - fresh meat anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

:D

I should clarify that I was stuck behind him only from Moorepark to Mitchelstown, and not at 160km/h! It was on the Fermoy Bypass that he was rocketing along. :D

Advertisement