Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Bt broadband dropping

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I live in Westmeath and have been having a lot of problems with my broadband connection dropping since friday.
    I use 1mb broadband by the way.

The broadband worked fine for the past year up until friday came along.
    On friday evening my broadband connection dropped for ages and the dsl light on my modem wouldn't come on so it was out most of friday night.

On saturday it worked ok but sometimes drops for a minute or two.
    It also dropped a few times yesterday and it dropped a couple of times today also with those 2 middle lights on my modem turning off.

So suddenly it's gone from being reliable to being very unreliable.

I was just wondering has anyone else been having problems with their broadband.

As an aside I'll say none of our phones are working at home currently due to a problem with the power cables or something and we reported on saturday and today they said it could take up to five days before they fix it.
    So EsatBt customer service is useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

quinnd6 wrote: »
    As an aside I'll say none of our phones are working at home currently due to a problem with the power cables or something and we reported on saturday and today they said it could take up to five days before they fix it.

If your phoneline is down, then your broadband package which you receive on that phoneline is hardly going to work now is it?

If on the other hand your talking about some sort of cordless telephones that arn't working, then I don't know what to tell you. You'll just have to be patient and wait for BT or Eircom to fix whatever needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Nope the phoneline isn't down.

There's no power going to the phones but that doesn't seem to affect the broadband.
    I mean the broadband works fine the majority of the time since after friday but it just drops more often than it used to drop ie. it used to never drop.

I was just wondering if there were any other people using BT broadband who's broadband was frequently dropping on friday or was it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

I'm in Cork and in the same boat. It's absolutely crawling. Rang the and the told me to remove my phone from the line as a test for 20 minutes to see if this fixed it. Unsurprisingly, this didn't work. :rolleyes: Another phonecall tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Nope the phoneline isn't down.

There's no power going to the phones but that doesn't seem to affect the broadband.
    I mean the broadband works fine the majority of the time since after friday but it just drops more often than it used to drop ie. it used to never drop.

I was just wondering if there were any other people using BT broadband who's broadband was frequently dropping on friday or was it just me?
    That's a line issue, of course it's going to affect your BB. Coincidence that it happened the exact same time your BB got affected? No, it's not. Let the line fault go through and then see how well your BB is working. DSL is very sensitive to line issues (such as interferrence, loss of power, noise).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

markyboy wrote: »
    I'm in Cork and in the same boat. It's absolutely crawling.

same here, east cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'm in Lucan (Dublin) and have noticed in the past while that when playing world of warcraft I'll get disconnected randomly, looks like the connection speed may be dropping that much that I'll get disconnected from the game!?!? it doesn't appear to be an issue with the game itself but with the web. I'm on the 7.6Meg pack but am only getting 4meg (in previous house was on same package and was getting full speed so I'm guessing that's down to the exchange that I'm on now)

It's bugging me now as I've been with BT for years and never had any major grief with them, but if it keeps up I'll have to jump ship, won't be touching Eircom, NTL looks good but don't wanna sign up to their gammy TV service lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yep they sorted out our phones and broadband today.
    The wires inside the house were disconnected so they sorted that out today so alls working ok now.

Advertisement