Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web page, date of publish!

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,
    First off hope i am posting in the right section, Web seems most appropiate for my query.
    Anyway i just want to find out if there is or more like how do i find out when an article was written or just published to the web. I am sure there is an easy way to do it but i dont know how. any help would be apreciated.

thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Depends on the article, I imagine a date is pretty common with most published articles online. Failing that, you may be able to get a rough estimate using http://web.archive.org.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not sure of your web dev level, but you can right click and choose page info in Firefox. This will not work for pages generated from databases which will show the current date and time.

Advertisement