Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maple Syrup/ Lemon Detox Diet?

• 20-04-2009 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

I'm just looking for some advice. I plan on starting the Maple Syrup/ Lemon detox diet in the next few days & was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with it?
    I'm doing it mainly for weight loss, but I also want to detox & change my eating habits. I'm hoping to stay on it for approximately 10 - 15 days, I'm not sure if this is too much or too little.
    Also what foods should I introduce back into my diet when I do start eating again?

Currently I'm five foot five, weigh about eleven stone seven pounds & vary between a size 12 to 14. Does anyone know how much weight I should lose if I stick to this?

Any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Normster

You have me thinking about it too now! 10 days of lemon juice does seem abit harsh though.
    I feel like I could really do with a detox. When are you starting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Normster

actually after reading about it, it doesn't look like fun :(
    I'm sure if anyone stopped eating for 10 days they would lose weight. The chilli is just to keep your metabolism going and maple syrup (sugar) to stop you from collapsing. I suppose the lemon is like that grapefruit diet, cleaning out your gallbladder and liver.
    Drinking water for 10 days with light meals would probably be less of a shock to the system. How about having salads with chilli sprinkled on them? or black pepper, its similar. Then have a glass of grapefruit juice for breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to stay on it for approximately 10 - 15 days, I'm not sure if this is too much or too little.
    Way too much, some might fast for a day but 15! :eek:
    easyeason3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much weight I should lose if I stick to this?
    You lose "weight", but I presume you really want to lose FAT, not just water and glycogen in your muscles, and wasting your own muscle too.

From the rules in the charter
    Bear in mind we are not professional nutritionists and we are not doctors, so don't look for medical advice. Please seek advice from your Dr. or a Nutritionist before embarking on any major overhaul of your eating habits.

There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting. If you want to discuss your cabbage and rubber band diet that's alright but don't expect much support (or success for that matter). This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

most doctors & nutritionists would recommend a max weight loss of 1-2lb per week, otherwise you are losing fluids and dehydrating yourself and eating into muscle mass.

Boards now have strict rules on medical advice been given out, and I would consider such a drastic "diet" should only be advised by your doctor so I am sorry but I am going to have to close this thread.

For a better detox I would stick to plenty of fresh fruit and veg, plenty of water and a good bit of exercise which will get a sweat going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement