Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben's Mini Mart. Closed or getting refitted?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭

Is Ben's mini mart closed for good or is it getting a refit? Place seems to be getting gutted today. Always found the staff to be very pleasant there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Closed I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Where is Bens Mini Mart? Or where was it even?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Where is Bens Mini Mart? Or where was it even?
    Opposite the Everest Center, just up a bit from Superquinn as you head north.

There is talk of it being taken over by someone else but the previous owners have shut up shop. I think the CostCutters in the new building on the sunnybank was the nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭memorex

Anyone hear anything about a similar fate for Superquinn in Bray? Heard this from a teacher friend in Bray. Mods pls delete if necessary as I don't want to scaremonger if this is total cr4p.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

There's been rumours about superquinn for the last few years. They let some people ago a few weeks back i thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭memorex

Jeez - that sucks. I do remember thinking that the staff were pretty grumpy for a few weeks there at the end of March/April. I imagine the other shops in the centre rely on the trade superquinn generates.

Been hearing that about Superquinn for years but it's always packed so don't know if it will be going.

Update on Bens is it is being reopened under new ownership very soon and will be a discount type store as well as papers/cigarettes/sweets ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Was in Bens today, good to see a small local shop reopen under new managment. Staff seemed nice enough, which is a bonus. hope they do well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

skibum wrote: »
    Was in Bens today, good to see a small local shop reopen under new managment. Staff seemed nice enough, which is a bonus. hope they do well.

Drove past it today tbh id say Costcutter in time will be the nail in the coffin i could be wrong!

• Advertisement

Only thing about costcutters is there is no parking outside. I know there is parking underneath but the lazy people among us, me included, would rather just pull in somewhere and fly in and out.

Advertisement