Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

courgettes are fading one by one

Options
  • 20-04-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I have no idea what is causing my courgettes to fade away.

Ive attached a pic, at this stage Im moving them out of a grow bag to different soil types in different locations to see if that does the trick.

The grow bag wasnt water logged.

The one in the bottle green house was only like that for a few hours. (is not the reason for the wilt)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

they need to be in a hot bed,did u give them manure when u planted them?

post the pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

they need to be in a hot bed,did u give them manure when u planted them?

post the pic

Hot bed? They were kept warm in a tent green house from seed. Its not like they are not used to the environment.

manure - no. A grow bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

You're probably a little bit too early with courgettes yet - if you're sowing them in an unheated greenhouse you could wait another couple of weeks to be honest - they really don't like the cold and if you delay sowing it'll have no adverse effect because of how quickly they grow once the night time temperatures are warm enough.

I'd write these ones off and sow again in a couple of weeks.

Too early, that expalins that.

Pic attached

Do they like peat moss / grow bags?

I brought them indoors and 4 of the 6 recovered so it was cold related all right.

Ive sewn some new ones as well just in case.

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement