Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction: history of period furniture?

Options
  • 20-04-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

hey guys,
    jus wondering if anyone has any good links for this chapter of the portfolio??? specifically 19th and 20th centuries... they are the only ones i cant really find info on.. also has anyone got any good ideas for experiments..? my project is a coffee table so it has to be relevant to that ya??

thanks in advance.

p.s how did all your projects go, what did ye make???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭kueef

i dont think the experiments have to be relevant. we just did a moisture test.. where u showed the used of the damp proof membrane by filling a container of water with 2 bricks on each other.. one with the dpm.. the other without. and 2 other exp. aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

kueef wrote: »
    i dont think the experiments have to be relevant. we just did a moisture test.. where u showed the used of the damp proof membrane by filling a container of water with 2 bricks on each other.. one with the dpm.. the other without. and 2 other exp. aswell

any chance you could explain the other 2 please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

I made a timber frame wall with an Eaves detail. Turned out quite well. For the experiments I did the best form of insulation in a home. Using aeroboard,shoebox,light and thermometer you can take the different temperatures of the insulation in the box and show it's worth insulating a home properly.

Advertisement