Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin GAA C&C

• 20-04-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

This match was on Easter Sunday, it was Dublin against Westmeath, now I still have a lot to learn, however I thought I would give sports photography a shot, I really enjoyed it, and I would love to get into it a bit more.

I was shooting with my D60 with my kit lens (I no thats nowhere near good enough to get the real good images), however us broke students don't have the luxury of forking out money on an expensive lens, but I will be able at some stage. So I was waiting for the action to come close enough to me so I could grab a pic.

I am happy with what I got at the end of the day, but I am looking for a bit of advice on how I could do better??? The noise in the images ruins it really, but thats probably all down to the lens, but please try look past that, and tell me what I should be capturing / getting in the frame???

ECED6D68FDF547B2A257D4BDD5D979E1-800.jpg

E481DE2625584CC6AEBD7C32E99E9243-800.jpg

D89B139D5A1A4B4598704EC20240310E-800.jpg

A7F8CC99F69F4E9A9AEDE31D42E0B2CC-800.jpg

C84097F01C164F88980E5F4E892ECC87-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

The last one is not bad. Monopod is important as ya move on to bigger lens, but framing the shot is also important, the last one could be cropped a little tightr. Get a good perch along the side or end line be patient and when play come close keep your finger on the shutter and keep shooting. If you could see their faces it would be better. Ya dont need to spend huge money on a lens, why not have a look for a second hand lens 70-200 or 70-300 I am sure you would pick one up for less than €200. Anyway plenty of games on now with the bright evenings so keep shooting. Parnell park opposite the stand and near the dressing rooms is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

There were three of us down the other end of the pitch for that game,
    see http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055536822 for a few
    samples of our shots.

I'd say for the most part you need a lens with more reach to get close ups
    of the players and see their faces. Also try and get lower so you get a better
    angle on the shots (your last pic kinda feels like you're looking down on the
    player).
    Also the timing in 3 isn't great, with the players running away, try and time it
    so you can shoot a burst when the players are coming towards you, so
    you can get their facial expressions.
    Having said that, I quite like 2 and 4, sometimes the wider view does work,
    and you had the timing of the shots right.

Advertisement