Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the big deal with FM 2009

Options
  • 21-04-2009 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Ive just got it and I find it slow and dull and the new 3d option is like something of a spectrum 48k. Am I missin something here guys I just cant get into it at all. The only football manager game I play day in day out is lma manager 2007 and they have stopped it. Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

shirt 1 wrote: »
    Help

With what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

revert back to lma 06 which is duly cracking haha. fm09 is a great game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I find it slow and dull
    What RAM do you have? Are you running XP or Vista?

Dull? How so? You need to elaborate a bit more. How it is any more or less dull than other manager games? I don't understand. Are you aware of the huge community scene concerned with graphics, updated databases and all that lark?
    and the new 3d option is like something of a spectrum 48k.
    SI never pretended the graphics were going to rival FIFA '09 or anything, nor did any of us expect it either. You have to balance graphics with the memory needed to crunch the numbers and also, think about keeping the minimum requirements to play as reasonable as is possible. If you don't like the 3d option, stick to the 2d. I prefer the 2d myself, but many prefer the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

I think on the whole it's a good game. Pretty much exactly what you expect from FM.

What I can't stand is in my game I simply can't score as Man Utd. On othrt forums lots of people are saying the exact same thing. I've started 5 files with them, tried a different formatioon in each file, brought in the best players and only Rooney can score. Berba got something like 3 goals in 35 games - not an exageration and Tevez wasnt much better. Kinda like his form this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

the game is both brilliant and highly addictive, lma would be classified as the mickey mouse option of manager games imo.

as regards to united not scoring goals try individual tactics for supply players to your strikers based on strikers stongest abilities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Real FM wrote: »
    I think on the whole it's a good game. Pretty much exactly what you expect from FM.

What I can't stand is in my game I simply can't score as Man Utd. On othrt forums lots of people are saying the exact same thing. I've started 5 files with them, tried a different formatioon in each file, brought in the best players and only Rooney can score. Berba got something like 3 goals in 35 games - not an exageration and Tevez wasnt much better. Kinda like his form this season!

I had similar problems when the 9.3 patch came out. I saw a thread on the SI forums where a guy posted some of his tests with striker settings and I used his settings for the hold-up man/fast striker combo. It made a big difference. I use a variant of the 442 attacking from the TT&F framework so one stiker is very advanced with one at a similar mentality to the midfield. The last 2/3 season my strikers have been getting 15-18 goals each although I do rotate between 4 of them so it's not guaranteed.

One thing is for certain you won't mega-goal tallys anymore. It was an intentional change in 9.3 to make it more realistic which I think it is now.

Anyway link to thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=114457 - I used his individual settings for the Tall/Fast partnership and it made a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Believe me I've tried every individual tactic under the sun!

I'll give to tactics from that link a go. Thanks for the help lads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Real FM wrote: »
    Believe me I've tried every individual tactic under the sun!

I'll give to tactics from that link a go. Thanks for the help lads.

Bear in mind the link I pointed too is just on the strikers issue but you'll find plenty of tactics on the main tactics forum there.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've pretty given up on the game, the number of goals is ridiculous. Playing as Arsenal and no matter how insanely attacking I set my team out, all the games end 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, with the occasional 2 goal thriller.

If I go on holiday and get the AM to use my tactics and line-up, you see results that are closer to what you'd expect with gung-ho tactics. So basically I've just resorted to selecting my team and then going on holiday for every game. Poxy.

Advertisement