Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy clothes

Options
  • 21-04-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Going to sligo on thursday looking for a good place to buy jeans 40 to 42 inch.might be in inishskillin aswell thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

40-42 inch isn't a common size. In Quayside you have Tk Maxx which do some larger sized jeans,Next have a few larger sizes but I think their biggest jeans are a 40". Then you have River Island which I think just go up to 36",38" if your lucky,beside it is Pull and Bear but their sizes are fairly small.

In Johnston Court their is Tom Tailor, I rarely go in so don't know what sizes in jeans they stock and across from it is The Jean Scene which do a 38" waist I think. You also have Jack&Jones and Tommy Hilfiger in the same SC.

EJ's menswear on Castle Street stocks designer gear and is very pricey and next to it is Adams Menswear.

There is Aware menswear which is a small shop beside the cinema but have some nice things.

For the older man you can go to Mullaneys or Moffits on O'Connell Street and at the top of the street beside the GPO,there is a mens section in Lyons.

There is a place in Wine Street car park as well but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called,I've never been in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm pretty sure penney's and dunnes go up to a 44. I could be horribly horribly wrong, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

bobcar61 wrote: »

EJ's menswear on Castle Street stocks designer gear and is very pricey and next to it is Adams Menswear.

You mean Grattan Street ;) There is also Collerys menswear on Grattan street as well.

I'm pretty sure penney's and dunnes go up to a 44

Really? I've never seen them. Can't believe I forgot to mention them,I'm always in Pennys:)
    You mean Grattan Street There is also Collerys menswear on Grattan street as well.

Oops,my bad. Forgot about Collerys as well.

Is there any others or have we got all of them covered now,not a massive selection is there?

Well, Penney's and Dunnes go up to at least a 38 for sure, which might do depending on the fit.

I could be wrong about the 44.

You could always try buying online, OP.

• Advertisement

I'd recommend buying online aswell. You will often find a great deal on things.If your impatient like I am who sees something on the net that i like I have to find it in a shop as I would want it now not 10 days later when it arrives in the post.

I know Penny's do a 40" waist but don't recall seeing anything bigger and if they do anything bigger it would probable just shrink in the first wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thanks everyone i usually buy in galway get them handy enough guess ill wait till i go up again

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

if you are heading in the Enniskillen direction there is a Mens shop on the main street that caters for big and tall....not sure what its called but its across the street from 'bargain books'(loud looking red fronted bookshop).

btw....joe mccann's menswear is the place in wine street carpark.

dardevle wrote: »
    btw....joe mccann's menswear is the place in wine street carpark.

Thank you:D

I think that shop in Enniskillen is called Big&Tall. I was in River Island up there and asked a member of staff what their biggest shoe sizes were and he told me 11.I asked where I could get a size 13/14 and he directed me towards Big&Tall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

coolio where abouts is it

• Advertisement

I don't have a clue. It was about 5.30pm and Erneside was open late and I was told that Big&Tall closed at 5 so I didn't bother looking for it.

Didn't get shoes in the end!

bet it's the one across from bargain books that dardevle posted about :)

(bargain books is also a quality shop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

It's not a common jean size but defintely go into Aware menswear beside the cinema. The lads who work in the shop are among the best in town for service and will be no doubt be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Thank you:D

I think that shop in Enniskillen is called Big&Tall. I was in River Island up there and asked a member of staff what their biggest shoe sizes were and he told me 11.I asked where I could get a size 13/14 and he directed me towards Big&Tall

You must have enormous socks. :D

+1

The small bald man(sorry but I don't know his name) is one of the most helpful and polite people Ive met in a clothes shop. He will tell you honestly if something would suit you or not and recommend things for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Donagh is his name afaik and I second them for being good guys and service.

+1

He will tell you honestly if something would suit you or not and recommend things for you.

I was in there only once & he tried that craic on with me... I know how to dress myself & what looks good on me - I certainly don't need some little baldy man telling me to try stuff on. That's the last time I went in. Some people may like that kinda treatment, I just see it as pushy sales talk.

Maybe it is a bit pushy but I'd say more often than not it works. It's like having the missus with you shopping...here try this try that,buy this buy that:)

Maybe it is a bit pushy but I'd say more often than not it works. It's like having the missus with you shopping...here try this try that,buy this buy that:)

I'm lucky - we never shop together... the only thing worse than seeing a bloke being hounded like that is to see him following his bird 'round the women's clothes shops like a tired, sad dog on a short leash. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Donagh is the tall one and Declan is the balding one. First place in town I go if im looking for something, always excellent servive.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say it's the first place I go as the prices are fairly steep and it's a recession and all but I do usually go in for a look.

Advertisement