Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Community in Ireland? Cork? Dublin?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey guys, just kinda discovered these boards tonight when looking for places to buy a SF4 stick in Ireland (no luck as of yet, anyone got any tips?:P) and just wondering if there are any places in Ireland to play SF4 at an arcade?

Also if there's anyone out there who might be interested in trying to setup a scene in Munster, specifically in Cork if they could contact me I'd be definitely interested in trying to get one going, playing online gets so boring :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hi Tsukimi welcome to boards.ie

There is no fighting game community in Ireland in general but there are players scattered about all over the place. A couple of us are trying to get a scene established here.

Here a few developments on that front.

www.esports.ie are holding an online SF IV tournament.

We are making good progress to getting a dedicated fighting game forum on this site which will help us consolidate infromation on the Irish fighting game community. You can express your support for such a forum here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57661983#post57661983

This post over at shoryuken.com has details on recent events and players in Ireland
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=181128

Northern Irish player thread here
    http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4390

By the way whats your online name for SF IV and what format you play on.
    You can find player listenings for each console in either the PS3 or Xbox 360 forum section.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tsukimi

My Xbox Live gamertag is evanryan182 (bro's acc. but he never plays so yeah :P)

I'll add my gamertag to the XBL section etc. too.

Feel free to add me I'm always up for games - always! :>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

just wanna add my welcome. Azzas told you what the craic is on here so I've nothing other than a welcome to add :D

I'm PSN myself so I won't be able to play yea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hello, Wickow/carlow based player. (the international epicentre of SF. natch)
    Tag on xbox live is the same as the name here, some of you may already be on my friends list.

I post over on neoempire.com, but if a fighting section gets established here (or at least the games section is given a bit of cohesion) I'll be here often in the future.

Chances are my xbl list is full so send me a message and we will play some games sometime.

Advertisement