Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for air for tyres would you?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Ok stoped today for air at garage on NAVAN RD, and it now has euro to use slot, left as felt it a rip off as if we pay for air for tyres, what next the air we breath....two people did the same as me, so would you pay for air??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

From experience in using a similar pump in Palmertsown I'm pretty sure you get the euro back once you lock it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

yeah lots of them have these now, it works like a shopping trolley.

Never seen one that requires you to actually pay a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bee_dix wrote: »
    Ok stoped today for air at garage on NAVAN RD, and it now has euro to use slot, left as felt it a rip off as if we pay for air for tyres, what next the air we breath....two people did the same as me, so would you pay for air??

I'd rather pay a small fee for a machine that the garage didnt get for free and costs money to run than drive around with low tyre pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

did`nt state return of money after use..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Garages would love to provide it for free
    If you can guarantee feckers won't fling the hose on the ground after use and then drive over it. Happens all the time and did when I worked minimum wage in a garage, well forecourt shop I mean

These facilities cost money and if you are providing it free there are only so many times a garage will bother to fix it.

The shopping trolley system of your euro back is a good idea and cuts down on some messing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sounds like a good idea to me. The weekend before last I had a bit of a drive up the motorway ahead of me. I wanted to top my tyres up but it took 4 garages and a half an hour of driving around to find one with a working pump, by then the tyres were far to warm and I probably over inflated them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bee_dix wrote: »

How dare they charge for a service!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mikemac wrote: »
    Garages would love to provide it for free
    If you can guarantee feckers won't fling the hose on the ground after use and then drive over it.

g.

I'd say this happens a hell of a lot,

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

After filling the car with diesel the other night for around 5c litre cheaper than everywhere else I was quit happy to spend 20c to pump the tires using their new automatic system.

The supply of compressed air has a cost - you can either pay for it explicity when you need it or implicitly everytime you buy something in the station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

parsi wrote: »
    The supply of compressed air has a cost - you can either pay for it explicity when you need it or implicitly everytime you buy something in the station.
    Stop making sense, you're ruining a perfectly good rant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

The reason is because Morons throw the valve back at the machine like they owned it. The reading is never accurate from this machines because of said morons throwing it around....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

egan007 wrote: »
    The reason is because Morons throw the valve back at the machine like they owned it. The reading is never accurate from this machines because of said morons throwing it around....

If they owned it they would probably be more careful with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Here's the same question asked by a garage owner, he got a solution in the thread to let him continue providing it for free: http://www-srv-5.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055492475

Advertisement