Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ring Finger

• 21-04-2009 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

I am coming to Dublin for my honeymoon in July, and would like to get my ring finger tattooed whilst there.

It is just a simple design, roman numerals of the date of wedding, but important that it is good, as visible to all, and in memory of a great lady.

I was hoping one (or more) of you lovely people could help me find the best studio and artist to carry out the work, as I would like to get it booked asap.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just so you know, fingers don't/won't hold the ink well. Because of the nature of the skin on your hands, it will smudge, blur and become generally less clear over time. You'll really need to bear this in mind when deciding what you want to have tattooed there.

And congrats! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 captainbongo

Cheers lads

yeah I know about the problems of tattoos on fingers, a good friend of mine, is a tattooist and he was going to do the work for me, but unfortunately he moved to New York last month.

I picked the roman numerals due to the 'smudging' effect, thinking that the thin lines may survive slightly better.

May get some other work done while we are there, if I can get the missus to approve lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Thin lines will smudge even more unfortunately, ever get a big piece done and the first session is outlines? Very thin lines. They smudge somewhat if you wait a while between the next session regardless of where it is on the body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 captainbongo

maybe i need to rethink my design a bit then, go even simpler

have heard that on caucasian skin, red lines dont appear to smudge so much as the colour blends to the skin a bit, anyone know if that is true?

• Advertisement
Advertisement