Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 NBA Awards

• 21-04-2009 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

This will probably spark off a fight over MVP :pac: Brown got awarded coach of the year last night, well deserved imo. Chris Paul to get defensive? Maybe Dwight could pick it up too, guy owns the lane tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dwight gets defensive player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Derrick Rose wins Rookie of the Year award while Jason Terry wins 6th man.

Lebron for MVP please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Can't really argue against Brown, put a nice team together and despite the fact that Lebron is the team, everyone contributes and has a role, they seem to be on the same page.

Rose has been very good all season, only other player that you could argue that could of won would be OJ Mayo.

LeBron will get MVP, I wouldn't argue against Wade but it has to be LeBron i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Lebron for MVP please.
    Thats a certainty, thats why Dwight got defensive player of the year. They just gave him something, because LeBron would have been my favourite for that award.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Brandon Roy has a shot at winning the MIP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Sea Devils wrote: »

Roy had a great season but its gonna be LeBrons. He has been the most valuble player this season and should win it, but its gonna be close with Kobe in the hunt as well.

frostie500 wrote: »
    Roy had a great season but its gonna be LeBrons. He has been the most valuble player this season and should win it, but its gonna be close with Kobe in the hunt as well.

I meant the Most Improved player;) not the MVP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sea Devils wrote: »

Yea, he definitely has a great chance at getting it, although it was also kind of expected of him to make a leap into star player. He should be well up there with a shout of winning it.

Devin Harris would be a player that I could also see winning it, Granger has also improved loads.

LeBron James is the MVP
    The NBA will announce LeBron James as its MVP on Monday, The Plain Dealer of Cleveland has reported.

A day before the Cleveland Cavaliers begin their second-round series against the Atlanta Hawks, the league will anoint James, who turns 25 on Dec. 30, as its second-youngest MVP.

Link

No complaints here. He fully deserved it imo

• Advertisement

Well deserved, congrats to the King!

Advertisement