Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband advice

Options
  • 21-04-2009 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for experience and advice about the various broadband providers. I'm living in D7 but for some reason, NTL don't supply my house. I was then thinking of Clearwire, but was advised against them by friends. Eircom, I'm going to try later. Are Clearwire that bad and are there any other providers you would recommend or advise against? Thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

if you try the comreg site&navigate it you can enter your specific needs and it will tell you what providers are available in your area and the best and cheapest deal available to you.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

If smart telecom are in your area, id take that option.

X

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you can get Smart Broadband then get them, failing that NTL, I wouldn't recommend Clearwire as they block P2P,

In addition I wouldn't recommend any of the so called "Mobile Broadband" option from Three, O2, Vodafone or Meteor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 on the Smart Telecom Option. Can't understand what the problem with NTL is ?They are upgrading everything out that way
    PS keep away from all the wireless providers if you want real broadband they are only good for email & light browsing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd recommend the broadband forum for this question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Smart +1

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

Looks like Smart it is. If we can get it. Thanks guys

Advertisement