Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City car ban

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Again, there is no plan for any of this.

Agreed that there is a lack of jointed up planning here, or at least jointed up planning isn't too visible, with Dublin Bus and the city council.

However, the bus gate very much so fits into the wider plans the council planners have for the city as has been highlighted in the media in recent months, in the last year, and before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Thinking about this, Will there be extra green time for pedestrians? at the bottom of Grafton St, at the central bank and at St. Gt. Georges St.?
    Will there be extra green time at the end of st great georges st for cars turning left?
    Will there be a faster cycle for pedestrians at the Olympia?

Where will cars get diverted from? is it Werburgh St? or will they be allowed go to the road by City hall?
    or will full access from the west to Trinity st be allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Someone asked, and I don't think it's been answered yet - is it buses only, or are taxis allowed through too? Because from my observations a large percentage of the cars in that area are taxis, so assuming they're allowed through, that's going to significantly impact the savings.

Also, no one's mention that Dublin Bus are in the process of reducing services at the moment. There isn't going to be any improvement in bus services in the near future, there's no cash (and possible no will) there to do it.

And that picture is completely misleading. Maybe the passengers from those 60+ cars wil all fit in that bus, but that's not really relevant unless it's some kind of magic bus that serves all their destinations.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think this change is going to bring enough improvment to warrant the disruption it will cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You don't necessarily need a lot of cash to improve bus services. What you need to do is to redesign the routes and increase the quality of the service.

If you do this well, it will drive the cashflow of the business.

Advertisement