Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Ben & Jerry's (Today Only)

• 21-04-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Free 150ml Tub

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nice one, but what does
    "Photocopies or reproductions will not be accepted."

Even though it says all you have to do is print off this voucher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

It also says, All you have to do is print this voucher off and present it to any major retailler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Got mine free in Spar with a print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This is quite a good deal, i might just take them up on this offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

CHD wrote: »
    This is quite a good deal, i might just take them up on this offer.

Jebus! Someone must be bored!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Got mine in Dunnes in Sligo today:) Thanks OP

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Fat chance the local Mace will accept those, miserable sack of **** place.

Nationwide there's a huge Ocean Spray Cranberry push with practically every outlet selling the new litre cartons for just over a euro.

I saw the same new cartons in Mace and brought them up to the counter - €2.50.
    Had to leave them there - they're obviously getting them cheap from the manufacturer with the new promo and they're selling them at full whack.

Cheeky ****ing *****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Damn! The day im in work all day!! Damn damn damn!

I wanted free ice cream!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

johnp wrote: »
    Jebus! Someone must be bored!
    But it's oh so pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

And I don't have my flippin printer with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Spar on Baggot Street Lower refused to take the voucher - apparently the bar codes don't match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

spar on merrion row saying the same thing.

Or is that the same one?!

Same one sorry! I did see people push it and they took the vouchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

I thought its only free in cinema's :confused: Thats what the link says ??

http://www.benjerry.ie/onlinescoopshop/?scoop=1

that's for the scoop ones - 150ml tubs are free too. I remember getting them last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Redeemed me a tub of Choc fudge brownie at the Centra, in Central park - dublin.

Choc fudge brownie.... goes down smooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Manager in Spar Cherrywood is refusing to accept these. Miserable git. I'll get one or two on the way home though hopefully! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Redeemed me a tub of Choc fudge brownie at the Centra, in Central park - dublin.

Choc fudge brownie.... goes down smooth.

In where dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

GrumPy wrote: »
    In where dublin?

You know..Central Park..just of Grafton St and 5th Avenue :P

• Advertisement

gaz wac wrote: »
    You know..Central Park..just of Grafton St and 5th Avenue :P

Funny, Now someone make with THE LOCATIONS OF PLACES IN CITY CENTRE THAT WILL TAKE THEM!!!

*breathes*

(Sorry, it's just "free" and "ice cream" are two of my favorite things)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I can't get into the scoop shop page on the website. Will they accept the vouchers in Dundrum Cinema?

Central Park, leopardstown..... next to Bewleys leopardstown & Vodafone HQ

Go to 5th Avenue.... take a left..:)

I can't get into the scoop shop page on the website. Will they accept the vouchers in Dundrum Cinema?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Has any one redeemed one of these somewhere in Dublin city center? if so where? I'd like a free ice cream but Im not willing to go traipsing around arguing with corner shop managers all afternoon which seems to be the problem had by a few previous posters.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I work on Baggot Street and tried Spar, Tesco and Donnybrook Fair on Baggot St Upper, THEN walked over to Fresh by GC Dock AND Spar on Barrow Street but to no avail. All gone :mad: Anyone know anywhere in the area that sells the little tubs and has them in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks OP.

Myself and 4 workmates just hit the local Spar. Walked away with 4 Caramel Chew Chew's and one Vanilla (women!).

Sun shining, free icecream.....good day!

P.S. The tubs retail at €3.49!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

How long does it take for you to receive the email? anyone try it in D1 direction?!! R all the spars handing them out?
    Thanks

There's no email to receive.

There's a .pdf file attached to the first post of this thread. Open it, print it out, go to the shop, get free ice-cream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Cool thanks! shops in dub will prob be too tight to hand them out id say! Judging from NervousNude's experience!!

I work on Baggot Street and tried Spar, Tesco and Donnybrook Fair on Baggot St Upper, THEN walked over to Fresh by GC Dock AND Spar on Barrow Street but to no avail. All gone :mad: Anyone know anywhere in the area that sells the little tubs and has them in stock?

Sounds like you needed an ice cream after all that walking to put the calories back on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Timarida

Mortons on Hatch Street do not accept this voucher :(

Centra on Camden street do not have any 150ml tubs in their freezer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Anywhere in cork that will accept these. I don't wanna be scarleh at the counter and be questioned about their legitimacy!:o:o

RATM wrote: »
    Sounds like you needed an ice cream after all that walking to put the calories back on:D

It was to be my reward for all the exercise! Instead I had to eat half a tub of lard just to be sure I don't blow away on my way home. Not nearly as enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Anywhere on Henry St / OConnell St accepting?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    Anywhere in cork that will accept these. I don't wanna be scarleh at the counter and be questioned about their legitimacy!:o:o

Got them in Spar, Eastgate, Little Island. Only had Vanilla and Caramel Chew Chew in stock.

They'll probably have them in Super Valu Glanmire. I'm heading over there after work to get one of the half price fullsize tubs of B&J's, so I'll let you know when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wonder if Centra in Ranelagh are accepting these?!

Soarer wrote: »
    Got them in Spar, Eastgate, Little Island. Only had Vanilla and Caramel Chew Chew in stock.

They'll probably have them in Super Valu Glanmire. I'm heading over there after work to get one of the half price fullsize tubs of B&J's, so I'll let you know when I get home.

Thanks Soarer-I'll wait for your reply before I go to SV...you can be the guinea-pig! Wonder if I printed off a few and sent the kids in one by one would we all get one?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭4goneConclusion

When printing it out should it be the full A4 size or smaller? because the default size for me is a lot smaller than the full A4. Thanks.

Just been to Spar on Nassau St, Bustop on Grafton and Londis on Dame. No joy=(
    No offense to the Op but this offer is a waste of time if the shops won't take the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Are some shops refusing?

I'm pretty sure it's a legit offer, although the website only mentions their 'scoop shops'. Which I can't see on my computer due to flash being blocked (or something). I just couldn't find anywhere that had any ice cream so didn't get a chance to try out the voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

RATM wrote: »
    No offense to the Op but this offer is a waste of time if the shops won't take the vouchers.

Nothing to do with the Op, its bad business sense and service. Its was even worse last year. If you take the time to email them http://www.benjerry.ie/contactus/ they might send you a voucher, which they did last year.

lindtee wrote: »
    Thanks Soarer-I'll wait for your reply before I go to SV...you can be the guinea-pig! Wonder if I printed off a few and sent the kids in one by one would we all get one?!!

No small B&J's in SV Glanmire.

Did get the halfprice full size one, plus 2 x 10 packs of Hunky Dorys for a grand total of €8! That's the muchies for the Liverpool match this evening sorted!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yeah the full sized tubs are half price in Supervalues..

I have no printer in the house though and that's a good 20 minute walk.

Think I have 1/3rd of some Baked Alaska I might root out of the freezer to help me with my essay :D

Soarer wrote: »
    No small B&J's in SV Glanmire.

Did get the halfprice full size one, plus 2 x 10 packs of Hunky Dorys for a grand total of €8! That's the muchies for the Liverpool match this evening sorted!:D

:(:(
    Are the Hunky Dorys half price?

Yeah they are.

Job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Well I tried 2 shops on the way home, and both of them FLATLY refused the voucher. They didn't even bother their hole to look at it!

I asked both places why they were refusing:
    * one said they just aren't taking them
    * the other said that they 'didn't get email from the distributor'.. and that 'the manager rang the company who knew nothing of the offer', and that 'as far as (they) were concerned it was all a scam, and they wouldn't accept the voucher'

It's pretty embarrassing being shot down like that :o

I call Shenanigans on all the retailers not accepting this.

The missus took one to Londis/topaz in wicklow who flat refused it.
    Dont they understand the reasons coupons exist?
    To make money!

they make their money on the ice-cream anyway.
    It brings footfall into the store and can drive indirect sales of other items.

This blind moronic attitude to these schemes by Irish retailers always gets my goat.
    I've spent some time in America, & my folks there dont even consider shopping anywhere till they've checked all the coupons they might have.

its a win-win situation for the retailers here but they cant even bother their hole.... stuff em

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Spar, Manor St., Waterford said no initially but then said "Go on, ill leave you have it". He was the assistant manager and was clearly clueless. He pointed out that it never said "What store it applies to" and that the "bar code does not even scan".

Havent tried it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement