Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Ben & Jerry's (Today Only)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Thanks alot , got two from my spar

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Worked for me. Had to go to a few places, most didn't have any, one place wouldn't accept it but got one in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I call Shenanigans on all the retailers not accepting this.

I've spent some time in America, & my folks there dont even consider shopping anywhere till they've checked all the coupons they might have.

I too have spent time in the USA, and coupons over there are a past-time! The fact that the Sunday newspaper is absolutely packed full of them is phenomenal! Shops over there accept coupons, no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What a mess that was. I sent an angry email to b&j's (that sounds dirty).

Here's hoping for some free ice cream that's in stock and i'm not talking about their tiny 150ml tubs:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Stingey bastards in Centra had a sign on the fridge:

Ben & Jerrys
    ice cream
    is NOT free.

Missed out last year too. Just sent an email, nothing to lose by trying!

:(

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I was in the shop earlier and the guys working there didnt have a clue what was going on they still let them have it though.... only saw this thread now and am very annoyed I didnt get my free ice cream ah well im more of a hagen daz man anyway,when I want some luxury:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Davy wrote: »
    Nothing to do with the Op, its bad business sense and service. Its was even worse last year. If you take the time to email them http://www.benjerry.ie/contactus/ they might send you a voucher, which they did last year.

Just a heads up on this for the other people on the thread who were scampering around shop to shop only to be embarrssingly refused.

I emailed B&J at Davy's suggestion. They got back to me this morning with an apology and a request for my address to send a voucher to. The kind lady also said that the vouchers should be accepted in Tesco, Dunnes, SuperQuinn and SuperValu.
    So for those who missed out I'd send them a quick mail from the link above, at least with the voucher you'll get you can use it anytime and not just in a 24h period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

soc wrote: »
    I too have spent time in the USA, and coupons over there are a past-time! The fact that the Sunday newspaper is absolutely packed full of them is phenomenal! Shops over there accept coupons, no questions asked.
    I go mad for these vouchers when in the US.
    Some places (I recall Bed Bath & Beyond in particular) even were OK with coming BACK to the store with vouchers you forgot to bring the first time and would give you the cash, AND even when the vouchers appeared in the paper AFTER you had bought the product - they would still give you the cash if you produced your till receipt. Those guys know how to do BUSINESS!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The coupons can only be redeemed at Tesco, Dunnes, SuperQuinn and SuperValue nationwide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

awww only saw this now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

The f**kers!! I tried EVERYWHERE ( well about 7 shops) and I passed it on to loads of people whom also could not get it!

Anyone know why?? In case they cant claim money back??

RATM wrote: »
    Just a heads up on this for the other people on the thread who were scampering around shop to shop only to be embarrssingly refused.

I emailed B&J at Davy's suggestion. They got back to me this morning with an apology and a request for my address to send a voucher to. The kind lady also said that the vouchers should be accepted in Tesco, Dunnes, SuperQuinn and SuperValu.
    So for those who missed out I'd send them a quick mail from the link above, at least with the voucher you'll get you can use it anytime and not just in a 24h period.

Yep, I emailed B&J as soon as I got home, and found a reply in my inbox this morning with same thing:
    * The coupons can only be redeemed at Tesco, Dunnes, SuperQuinn and SuperValunationwide
    * Offer to send me a voucher.

Fair deuce to them for offering me a replacement voucher to use anytime. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 gerkoff

I got a nice tub of B&J's vanilla at the spar in the sandyford ind estate :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Anyone else get the email along with 50 other ppl's addresses asking for their address as they hadn't heard back?

It is what it's.

Yup.. what the f**k like.. BBC anyone??

• Advertisement

lala stone wrote: »
    Yup.. what the f**k like.. BBC anyone??

yep i got it.

BBC:confused:

Blind Carbon Copy... Hides who elses email addresses the sender forwarded to

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Ah crap, I didn't even notice that.

edit: lol at the people using their work addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

lala stone wrote: »
    Blind Carbon Copy... Hides who elses email addresses the sender forwarded to

...so thats BCC not BBC as per your original post :D

edit: lol at the people using their work addresses.

why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Spar in Citywest, Supervalu in naas and Tesco Nass. Do not sell the 150ml tub of B&J, So I was unable to avail of this promotion.

So, it was a waste of a great promotion.

Robbie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RobbieMc wrote: »
    Spar in Citywest, Supervalu in naas and Tesco Nass. Do not sell the 150ml tub of B&J, So I was unable to avail of this promotion.

So, it was a waste of a great promotion.

Robbie

Email B&J and tell em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sully wrote: »
    Email B&J and tell em.

I e-mailed them and told them it was refused in a load of places....they are now e-mailing me out some vouchers...happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

madmoe wrote: »
    I e-mailed them and told them it was refused in a load of places....they are now e-mailing me out some vouchers...happy days :)

I emailed them too and got a response back apologising for it and shes posting me out a voucher i can use anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Has anyone received their free vouchers yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Nope, still havent received them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I am due to get some but they have not arrived yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

nah i didn't get them tet either. i'd say they'll be at least a month sending them out

I haven't received anything from them either...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Me neither :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pdaly92

FREE ICE CREAM!!! There IS a god, and he has read my mind!! YEY!!!!

• Advertisement

Nothing yet :mad:

I also bought a big tub of strawberry cheesecake the other day and i must say, it was horrible. I didn't finish it, which is a first for me. Hope they don't send me a voucher for that.

Hagen Das from now on. Less sugary and more creammmmmy;)

Finally got my vouchers for 2 500ml packs of ice cream. Yipee, they normally are 6euro each so it's great :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Finally got my vouchers for 2 500ml packs of ice cream. Yipee, they normally are 6euro each so it's great :D
    Yep. Got mine too yesterday. What a heap of hassle. I got seperate ones as well from the UK. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I got my letter & voucher from Unilever yesterday.

Now I hope retailers will accept this voucher :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

You got 2!!!!!!! I only got one, I musn't have complained vehemently enough. Oh well, my waistline will be thankful even if I'm not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I got one.. had problems getting it accepted in Tesco Extra in Waterford, but they gave it in the end.

Advertisement