Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore East Webcams

Options
  • 21-04-2009 10:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

By way of pre-announcement.

www.dunmorewebcams.com has 3 (shortly 4) webcams showing the harbour and beaches. Official launch is 2 weeks away after we get the windows cleaned.

Won't be live streaming EVER and currently reviewing policy re looking at archive images.
    Polite suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ideally you would have PMd a mod before posting this. Anyway, I cant see any harm in it so unless someone has any objections ill leave it be.

Do you own the website or are you just maintaining it for the tourism group in Dunmore East? (I assume its not the former though)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I maintain it for Dunmore East Tourism group. Free of charge. No doubt they'll say nice things about me after my funeral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

conolan wrote: »
    I maintain it for Dunmore East Tourism group. Free of charge. No doubt they'll say nice things about me after my funeral.

Interesting. I like the idea, its done here in Tramore as a live feed (I think its down at the moment as the business owner is moving shop). Ill take a proper gawk later.

I assume you also created the website for free?

Sorry, built it for free. Even paid for the domain myself. I'm desperate for someone to turn up at my funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Even paid for the domain myself

You're all heart :D It's a .com address so it costs a tenner a year max!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is that live - the sun is blazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

mike65 wrote: »

Raining and windy in the pix I can see !! :D

mike65 wrote: »

At 16:11 it was raining. Images are live, see the timestamp at bottom of each image.

How much did the cams cost anyway?

Less than €100 each. One at Adventure Centre has a housing which was almost another 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

gaz wac wrote: »
    Raining and windy in the pix I can see !! :D

I just looked at teh pix I didn't click them! :o

conolan wrote: »
    Less than €100 each. One at Adventure Centre has a housing which was almost another 100.

Where did you get them? Does it cost much to run?

Excuse the questions, this interests me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garryfox

Hello, the webcam in dunmore east adventure centre is a Ycam white
    it is wireless and has it's own webserver, on the dunmoreadventure website it is only an image ftp'd up every minute, the live version is here, dunmoreadventure.dyndns.org
    username is: guest
    password is also: guest
    we find the webcam very user friendly, bar it only works properly with internet explorer...
    it also has an option to use an adhoc network, so you don't need a router if you want to use it as a webcam

Garry has now removed the live version.

I assume this is very costly to run?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

You need to fix the camera "Overlooking Harbour on East Pier " its pointed at the sky instead of the pier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

The one at Azzurrois now also pointing at rooftops and the sky. Bit of correcting needed.

That's sorted. Someone opened a window due to unprecedented heatwave....
    Sort harbour one tomorrow.

Looks good now!

Harbour webcaqm giving nice view of floor!

• Advertisement

Fixed. Hard to control these as they are in private premises. Thanks for the update.

Advertisement