Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<?New Pumpkins Drummer?>

• 21-04-2009 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Anyone have any suggestions on who will be replacing Jimmy Chamberlain on drums for The Smashing Pumpkins

They are holding auditions at the moment apparently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Where are the auditions on....might pop along myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'd say Billy will either play the drums himself or program a drum synth to do it for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The fella from System Of A Down has auditioned, apparently. Doesn't matter though, Chamberlin is a freakishly good drummer with a truly unique style which really added a lot to the Pumpkins tunes than you'd think and I fear, just like the last time, his replacement will be a competent drummer but nonetheless woegeously inadequate to take over from one of the finest drummers of this generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Pumpkins without Iha and D'arcy was fine with me. Without Chamberlain... it's really time to pack it in now Billy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

System's drummer would be fairly interesting I think but definitely agree with the other posters. It won't be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

it will be the same - stop kidding yourselves! Adore was outstanding without Jimmy.
    For me the problem isn't about losing Jimmy, it's about Billy Corgan losing his mojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

corgans solo album sucked balls

smashing pumpkins gig in rds sucked balls and lacked something

new album sucks balls.

---- the pumpkins is not a one man band...corgan is realising this the hard way and his ego has driven a lot of people away from him....he looked really scarred in the new dvd...very messed up over james iha not talking to him.....its all over....every dog has its day.....you can't replace chamberlain....he is unreplaceable in terms of the "the pumpkins sound"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

you are totally right SOF that Pumpkins aren't a one man band but when Billy did have to be a one man band on adore he did it quite well.
    but that was when he had songs....since then he has been average at best.

that last line was very hard for me to write

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I hadn't heard that Chamberlain was leaving until i saw this thread, it saddens me to be honest. It's true that one person can make a band and can continue strong for years replacing members and lineups (e.g. Ministry and NIN) but in my opinion the Pumpkins are not one of these bands.

Losing Darcy and then Iha was bad enough but they were still able to pull it off to an extent (live shows) as they still had the main driving force behind it, namely Corgan's wailing and Chamberlain's drumming. It'll be sad to see Chamberlain gone and it'll be even less the same now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

malice_ wrote: »
    I'd say Billy will either play the drums himself or program a drum synth to do it for him.

....and then fire it because his ego keeps a better beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

hadnt even heard bout this, there goes a good band :(

Advertisement