Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/Internet connection in Crecora

Options
  • 21-04-2009 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    I'm moving to a house in 3 weeks time, 1/2 a mile from Crecora.
    I work from home and depend greatly on an internet connection ( the faster the merrier...)
    After checking with Eircom, it seems that due to the coverage, the highest download speed I will be able to get is 1Mb/s, which would be ok-ish, but somehow frustrating.
    I saw that the METRO service by Digiweb was available in Patrickswell, I was wondering if any of you guys knew if Crecora was within range or if there was any "airwave" alternative to Eircom.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

In most of clarina you can get ICE broadband or also available out there in most parts is BBNET. They are both wireless aerials put on roof.

Heres there websites hope that helps

http://www.bbnet.ie/

http://www.icebroadband.com/dev/index.php

Regards,
    Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eyeofbuddha

Thanks a lot Steveon, that' very helpful.
    I'll check with these companies to see if the house is in the coverage area.

No problem I taught of another Local guy, not sure if he still does the service but worth a try his site is probably a little outdated but worth a shot

http://www.maintsbb.com/

Hes name is Paul Humpries...nice chap..

Hope that helps,
    Regards,
    Steve

Thanks again, Steveon.
    that really helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

getbroadband.ie lists whats avaialble fromt he main suppliers in any area of Ireland with pricing and contact details. Handy to see whats what.
    If you see noone offering DSL in your area then wireless providers are your only option.

I would recommend bbnet as a wireless provider they offer a great service and really good speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Yes, maintsbb is still going strong and covers Crecora.

Paul.

Thanks a lot people again for your help.
    I was quite interested in the ICE packages , but it looks that there is quite a lot of negative feedback regarding their actual connnection speed.
    Do you know if that's something I should be concerned about?

As with all Broadband packages, what you pay for and what you actually receive are 2 completely different things. Best advice is to tell them exactly what you are intending to use the broadband for and ask if they limit anything perhaps you could inform them of you recording the conversation so they cant try and wiggle out of something later.

I havent heard of any problems with Ice broadband in the Limerick area but i think it has been discussed elesewhere...maybe you should post a message elsewhere on the site.. asking about its reliability...best of luck with whomever you do choose.

Thanks a lot Steveon again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pom123

Hey Buddha,

Just wondered did you get any progress on the broadband connection? I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

Tried to get eircom about 3 weeks ago in Crecora but guy that came to connect line said the line was full with little hope of more space opening up. Tried to get Ice about 6 months ago but the service was poor to say the least. Couldn't get them to come out to do a survey for about 6 months so I gave up on them.

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Try Paul Humpries of Maintss BB. He runs his own broadband service from Fedamore and its available in a lot of Crecora, very reliable and quick connection. Give him a call on the following number

Paul. Humpries Maints BB

087 9328719

Regards,
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

+1 for MaintsBB

Advertisement