Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband - SID/Username and password?

• 21-04-2009 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this before? Haven't changed anything recently but when I went to connect last night, it's requesting a SID/Username plus a password.

Checked what little documentation NTL provided but there's nothing like that in there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sounds like your cablemodem isn't provisioned properly.
    Have you tried plugging out, and back in, your cablemodem?
    If it doesn't help, then the only thing you can do is give UPC a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

UPC replaced my modem here and with the new modem I needed to
    enter my username/password, something I'd never seen on NTL before.

If the name on your UPC bill is Joe Bloggs try the following
    j.bloggs1 as username
    welcome1 as password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sean-nirvana

Sleipnir wrote: »

alright mate, i have the same problem. it's requesting my "sid and username". you said you found a solution, what was that? thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Hi I have the same problem, can you please provide me with your solution because UPC doesn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

don't put any username in and type in any password you like. Then hit enter. Thats what worked for me. You can change the passwaor etc later in the settings tab.

Advertisement