Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a Miniramp

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

I'm thinking of building a mini ramp for my back garden.

Has anyone from boards made one before, and if so, how long did it last, given all of the rain we get in Ireland?

Where can i source the likes of coping and masonite surface sheeting.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There's guys that build on here alright, for the rain, just get a good cover for it, as long as it doesn't get wet it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I build them, PM me the size of ramp you want and I'll quote you a price. If you wanna build it yourself try www.rampplans.org for info and use plywood (birch/WBP/shuttering depending on application) masonitie is for indoors ONLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Cheers for the replies lads. :D

I was thinking along the lines of
    -3.5 ft high,
    -8 ft wide
    -8 ft flat

I know, nothing crazy, but do these dimesnions sound decent? PM on the way shagman...

Ideally, i'd love something along these lines

pic2::600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

how much would something lik that ^^^ cost??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Built a big one back in the day for boards and bmxs

Cost nothing at all. We used signs for the surface, 8x4 sheets and alluminium round bar for the coping

Go down to the local building site and see whats there, even talk to the site managers, you'd be surprised what you might get!

Oh yeah the ramp has lasted seven years with very little maintenace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

u serious? u built one from scrap from a building site and it lasted 7 years! dats ****in class:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funcycle21

Yowsa! Nice looking ramp, mate!

It's true though, I work construction and it'd blow your mind what we throw away. A guy I work with took home enough freebies to make his own surfboard... well ok he had to buy the resin but still, a nice looking ducktail for next to nothing.

I'd recommend plywood for a ramp but if you can find old sign material that stuff is weatherproof and smooth!

Advertisement