Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topsoil

Options
  • 21-04-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hello all
    Just wondering if anyone knows the going rate for topsoil at the moment - give these unprecented economic times!! even better if anyone know where to get good soil in the galway area for a good price!!:) half nearly half acre of garden that needs a good covering of topsoil...

Thanks
    Mc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I konw someone who paid €400 for 10 ton last week. Problem is it doesn't look like 10 ton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I konw someone who paid €400 for 10 ton last week. Problem is it doesn't look like 10 ton.

An undertaker once told me, for what reason I can't remember, an average of 4 tons of earth comes out of a standard grave. That'll give you some perspective.

OP, why don't you try Buy and Sell, you should get some idea of cost. A word of caution, don't buy topsoil sight unseen or have it delivered when you are not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

400 for 10 ton, someone got rode!!!:P

I have heard of people paying to get rid of topsoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Good topsoil is available for € 320.0 for 18 ton load. Cheaper and inferior quality is more the norm.

Smaller loads 10 ton can be more expensive /ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Callow Man wrote: »

Yeah people always say that after you buy something but never have any good advice when your looking.

At least it was good quality. We got a delivery once and it was 50% stones, I wasn't there to take delivery so we were stung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

mchammer wrote: »
    Hello all
    Just wondering if anyone knows the going rate for topsoil at the moment - give these unprecented economic times!! even better if anyone know where to get good soil in the galway area for a good price!!:) half nearly half acre of garden that needs a good covering of topsoil...

Thanks
    Mc
    Theres a guy in the Dublin 15 forum wants to give some away for free:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Yeah people always say that after you buy something but never have any good advice when your looking.

At least it was good quality. We got a delivery once and it was 50% stones, I wasn't there to take delivery so we were stung.

"A fool and his money are easily parted":p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Theres a guy in the Dublin 15 forum wants to give some away for free.
    I'm the guy pm me if you want it. I only have about 2 cubic meters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Callow Man wrote: »

when was the last time you got rode, Callow Man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭wewantchilly

mchammer wrote: »
    Hello all

Thanks
    Mc

rates can very from free to extremes, my advice is call into local building sites and ask is there any they are looking to get rid of 1st, usually, if they are sound, they will let you haul it away yourself if u can organise a truck,grace their hands with some paper and they might even load it up for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement