Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The End of the Greener Homes Scheme ???

• 21-04-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard that the S.E.I. aren't processing any applications or payments lately????

I've been told that in the last week or so the SEI have not been processing these so was wondering if this is the begining of the end

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

gears wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that the S.E.I. aren't processing any applications or payments lately????

I've been told that in the last week or so the SEI have not been processing these so was wondering if this is the begining of the end

Well, the scheme is still advertised on their website.

So far as not processing payments is concerned, in order to get the grant, you must have obtained prior approval from the SEI before you do any work. If you have got that written approval and you have complied with the terms of the scheme, there is no way they could unilaterally decide not to make the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

It's not a personal case I just heard that the SEI were delaying payment of grants at the moment because of some budget issues and was wondering if anyone had heard of anything similar and if it was possibly a prelude to the ending of the grant scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MickLimk

Just had one of the usual calls today from the SEI verifying a customer install before they proceed with the grant payment so they certainly are still processing them. Mind you, they are dragging them out as long as possible but there's nothing new in that from my experience either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Rang them end of Mar and was told yes there was a hold-up but all would be sent on 7th of Apr. That date came and went - rang this week again and was now told two weeks. By the sounds of the girl on the phone I hadn't been the only one asking this question.

-Coley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RVR

They stopped accepting applications and paying out in the week before the budget.

I was told this was just a precautionary measure in case all their funding was cut.

This is probably why there's such a hold up now! But should be getting back to normal soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Sounds like it could just a prebudget measure ok, I'd hate to see it going at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RVR

Hey all,

Latest news seems to be that the scheme is continuing but you only have 6 months to install after the grant offer. (This is down from 12 months up to now.)

Cheers

Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

I was speaking with one of the staff in SEI today, some 300 approvals went out in the past week.

Business appears to be back to normal.

Advertisement