Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deleted files from nuvi 250

Options
  • 21-04-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Deleted 2 files from a nuvi 250 gmapbmap.img and gmapprom.img (long story)
    I can find them on my pc to restore them is there anything else i can do to get the sat nav working. I presume buying an update wont work as those files need to be there to update. Please help to make matters worst it is not my sat nav.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Just in case anyone does the same could find no solution anywhere on the web. Copying from another sat nav does not work and buying updated maps will not work as you have no maps to update. Lesson learned do not go near the files on your sat nav unless you have backed them up.

Rang Garmin support in England sent in unit for repair cost 28.50 stg. 6 days later newly refurbished unit arrives. They sent out a 250w as they had no 250 in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

cpb wrote: »
    Just in case anyone does the same could find no solution anywhere on the web. Copying from another sat nav does not work and buying updated maps will not work as you have no maps to update. Lesson learned do not go near the files on your sat nav unless you have backed them up.

Rang Garmin support in England sent in unit for repair cost 28.50 stg. 6 days later newly refurbished unit arrives. They sent out a 250w as they had no 250 in stock.

garmin are great for repair and support. sent them an out of warranty 76s
    damaged and scratched all over the screen , i was quoted 90stg for repair..
    they sent one back like new, FOC

:D happydays..

i think ill give them a shout re my faulty 775T....

Advertisement