Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capture Portrait.ie - Are they legit?

• 21-04-2009 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

To cut a long story short, my mom and sister did a 'free' shoot with them. They were offered it at a Dublin fashion show in the RDS. So they agreed and went along in February to their studio. Once completed Capture Portrait offered them some photo packages. My mom paid 800euro for a collection of prints. They were to recieve them by April but as of now have not.

They refuse to answer the phone and have not responded to email. If anyone has experience with them please share.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gorilla_image

Hi I have no experince with Capture, but their studio is on Charlemont St. Dropping in might be agood idea if you get the time. Some stdios have non-office hours eg - 2pm to 8pm, what time is your. The 'free shoot' is a sales tactic used by more moderns studios who model themselves on Venture, personally I would avoid them. Their style is not to my personal taste, and I would stick to well estalished and well know local studio instead, they have reputations to protect, so you get better services and often better images.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I don't know anything about them. I have had a look at the Gallery on their site & some of the images are not what I would put up from a Studio Session, but that is a matter of taste. What I do find strange is that quite a few of the images have really weird skin tones. It looks to me like really bad Post Production & pushing the contrast in a manner where the you get colour shifts. Now this could also be a style & I am old fashioned in thinking that Skin Tones should look believable.

What sort of a package did they get for €800?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

CabanSail wrote: »
    I don't know anything about them. I have had a look at the Gallery on their site & some of the images are not what I would put up from a Studio Session, but that is a matter of taste. What I do find strange is that quite a few of the images have really weird skin tones. It looks to me like really bad Post Production & pushing the contrast in a manner where the you get colour shifts. Now this could also be a style & I am old fashioned in thinking that Skin Tones should look believable.

What sort of a package did they get for €800?

Man, that is waht all the kids are into these days. Very Celtic Tiger!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If they are legit lets hope they have the cop on to deal with customers properly, as I type this this thread is coming up second as a search result for http://www.captureportraits.ie/ in google.ie.

Their site is ok, image quality is pretty poor and is doing nothing to show off their work on the site on the front page.

OP I'd say as suggested above call into the studio, might be easiest way of getting what might be a simple matter resolved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Every single shot they have displayed has a white background...this makes the site/gallery look very one dimensional and dull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Got it sorted. Thank you for answers though. Mods can lock now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I see that it was "the brainchild" of a "fine art photographer". Hmm we may yet get to the bottom of the fine art mystery.:rolleyes:

I quite like the shots tho'. Vibrant like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Closed at the OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement