Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8mm tape to DVD??

Options
  • 21-04-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me what I need and where I might be able to get a device to plug into my PC so that I can plug in a video component and convert 8mm camcorder tape to dvd. I know I need a program also to do this is someone can recommend one please. At the moment all I have is a cable that comes out of the camcorder that has red & white audio plugs and a yellow video plug. I've seen the "thing" thats needed somewhere like PC world before but can't remember what its called, Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Go to Maplins and get a Kworld DVD Maker 2
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=225632

Its 3 phono to USB. Just what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

Cucullan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what I need and where I might be able to get a device to plug into my PC so that I can plug in a video component and convert 8mm camcorder tape to dvd. I know I need a program also to do this is someone can recommend one please. At the moment all I have is a cable that comes out of the camcorder that has red & white audio plugs and a yellow video plug. I've seen the "thing" thats needed somewhere like PC world before but can't remember what its called, Any help appreciated.

I have one of these: ADVC-55 which is very good, but a bit expensive. It connects to a firewire port on your PC.

Alternatively, I saw this offer on the Irishtimes website: EZ Grabber. Don't know if it's any good, but it looks similar to one my brother got in LIDL or ALDI a while back and it worked fine for him. It uses USB.

Advertisement