Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

An Irish priest is transferred to Texas ..

• 21-04-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Father O'Malley rose from his bed. It was a fine spring day in his new Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn.

He promptly called the local police station.

The conversation went like this: "Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Fadder O'Malley at St Brigid's. Dere's a jackass lyin dead on me front lawn. Would ye be so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of da matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now father, it was always my impression that you people took care of last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment. Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, tis certainly true, but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't get it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I do

It's Funny

Not hillariously funny but funny .

Care to explain it? I am extremely slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

when the priest says he is obliged to tell the next of kin....he is calling the priest the next of kin of a Jackass....gedit??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

:eek:

foxy06 wrote: »
    when the priest says he is obliged to tell the next of kin....he is calling the priest the next of kin of a Jackass....gedit??

I do now. Thank you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

no he's calling the Sergeant the next of kin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

i.e the police are related to the jackass. Therefore the sergeant is a fackass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

Groan.... and now the autopsy is complete. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I'm still struggling even after its been explained

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

How could a pig be related to a jackass.? Thats just silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I mean he is calling the policeman..ah forget it it's not THAT funny...so did ya hear how ya wake Lady GaGa?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Since when was their sergeants in the US police? Stll funny though, substitute Sergeant with Sheriff though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pal wrote: »
    I'm still struggling even after its been explained

You see internal affairs was in on it all along

Advertisement