Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 19 [2A.M. - 3A.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

• 21-04-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭

From tvrage.com
    As the nation remains vulnerable, Jack Bauer endures the worsening pathogen pain. The FBI deals with recent deadly developments while matters involving key players takes this day into an unexpected direction.

Good ep. This season is really keeping to a consistently high standard.

What did you think of Day 7, hour 19? 31 votes

0%
    19%
    spartacus93DemocAnarchisMenaunreggdTheInquisitorG_R 6 votes
    54%
    YakuzaMr ESherifuCiDeRmAnwhosedaddy?Xavi6Mr. KDeepBluesilvineAlanthroneusAldebaranGonzovisionQueen-MiseDeeper Bluesilvervixen84tok9Dercola 17 votes
    19%
    Mossy MonkMountjoy MuggerMatthewVIIJ-blkAsmodeanMr Freeze 6 votes
    6%
    ElmoMr. CooL ICE 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tony!!!!
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Is he in it for money?
    revenge?
    kicks?

I just don't know...
    Was the girl in the blonde wig the same one who poisoned the president a couple of seasons ago? It'd be pretty good if it was, wonder if this meta-group of bad guys is associated with Jack's dad's bunch?
    If not, do they co-operate? Have a Christmas party? "So what did you do this year?" "Oh I killed a couple in a botched nuclear attack on downtown LA" "When were you there? I killed a whole bunch in a hotel in LA too, isn't the parking terrible!"

But seriously, this is working out to be the best 24 season ever, and it's not over yet, hard to see how they can tie all the ends up, maybe they'll leave enough loose ends to give us the premise for next year.
    certainly the presence of Tony in the character roster for next year suggests so, we have a new Nina Myers ladies and gentlemen, except this one didn't shag Jack, or if he did they've wisely kept it quiet, it's lonely on stakeouts I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Another solid episode. Larry confirmed dead anyway!

Love how Jack threw himself back into the field and got into the thick of things.

Pity Jonas is finished. Voight added a lot to the series with his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Xavi6 wrote: »

Spoiler for next ep -
    The preview for the next ep suggests Jonas survives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Spoiler for next ep -
    The preview for the next ep suggests Jonas survives.

Tis true, saw it, although,
    his role could just be some gasping death bed confession or admission of guilt, or maybe regrets.
    Ho Hum...

Roll on next Tuesday morning anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, another solid entry - I absolutely love this season so far. Doubt Tony's motives are money or personal gain, probably revenge/grudge against the government. It was great seeing Jack figure out piece-by-piece what was going on, from the inconsistencies between Tony's and Larry's wounds to the whole building ambush plan...

And Jack is a grandpa? Wow, he sure can still kick ass for an old dude :). I wonder if his grandchild is a better match for the treatment he needs rather than Kim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Kim is officially now a milf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

very good episode...
    loved the way Jack took charge - no shhhaaakiing, but the confrontation with Tony at the end... just brilliant.

my guess is they won't dismantle the organisation, but leave that for next season. too many loose ends and no leads to uncover the full conspiracy... but you know what - so far its been fab as long as they get some good conclusion for the imminent threat - the bio weapon on the run, I'll be pleased.

Lets give Jack some time to recover from the therapy and then kick Tony's dirty little a$$ next season. Gotta be fun. And guess what Renee will be looking for blood as well... once she learns Tony killed Larry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Very good. Really enjoying this season.
    Kim is officially now a milf
    Most important thing we learned in this episode by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tony!!!!

Was the girl in the blonde wig the same one who poisoned the president a couple of seasons ago? It'd be pretty good if it was

Nah that was Mandy

She was last seen in the 4th series getting a pardon.

Jack gets more impressive each series. Half dead and is still on the ball with what's really going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah Mandy, fine piece of stuff.
    Loved this episode, keeping it nice and fast paced. This series seems to be the best for keeping us guessing. Usually so late into the day the rest of the series settle down a bit and get slightly predictable, not so this time around!
    Still not sure about Tony though as to what his end-game is. No doubt he's already justified his actions in his own mind but I'd like to see what he's been thinking all along.
    A few more Jack/Tony showdowns will be fantastic. Was almost in tears when he just left him spazzing out on the ground. Be quite interesting to see who's been heading the conspiracy all along. Was surprised to learn that everything Hodges did was more for personal gain and not in-line with his benefactors interests!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Xavi6 wrote: »

I was going to say the same, but the two posts below yours have me intruiged o_O

I'll avoid the temptation to look though! He really has been terrific throughout.

Another solid episode. I wonder how Jack will have a showdown with Tony with his deteriorating condition. The experimental treatment maybe? Although I doubt it'd just work straight away and he'd be back onto the field like his old self, and tbh would be a bit of a cop out if it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Good episode. There was a nice pacing to it as you saw how Jack put the pieces of the puzzle together over the course of the hour.
    I guess this may make Jack reconsider his decision re Kim and eventually she'll find herself in trouble as only Kim can.

Tony telling Jack at the end was a bit stupid but whatever still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great Episode, this season is one of the best so far.

Still gutted Tony is bad, and now I find myself rooting for him instead of Jack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

Heh, I just had a funny though there with the revelation in this ep that Jack is a now a grandparent;he's showing all the signs of senility already:repeating himself, forgetting what he said. Surely it's only a matter of time before he starts wetting himself.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

lukin wrote: »
    only a matter of time before he starts wetting himself.:D
    But its 24! Excretion is unnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well it looks like jack has to get treated now..

With only 4 episodes left i don't think this massive conspiracy will be solved this season... i have a feeling the season will end with tony being caught..

tok9 wrote: »
    Well it looks like jack has to get treated now..

With only 4 episodes left i don't think this massive conspiracy will be solved this season... i have a feeling the season will end with tony being caught..

5 episodes left actually.

The pace of the last few episodes in a 24 series is traditionally crazy.

Gonna wait now (if i can) and watch all 5 remaining episodes at in the one evening....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'd say it'll be a cliffhanger finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It's shaping up to be the best 24 season yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

As posted in the last episode thread...

I think Jack's dad has Tony on the payroll. He'll sail off with Tony on his boat in the last episode leaving a shattered Bauer & Walker watching.

Season eight will be Walker & Bauer chasing the two of them down in some other metropolitan city (I'm gonna guess at NYC for concentration of people with that bio-weapon). Because this time it's VERY personal.

Although didn't Sutherland say he'd do only seven series (i.e. a full week of 24 hour days). Maybe he doesn't make it & Walker will spin off her own series of 24 (called 34c) We've already seen her be groomed as a potential Rogue agent prepared to do what's needed & bring back Chloe damnit !! (I know she's pregnant but she could be shot from the chest up)

Additional - Tony seemed surprised at the mention of Kim's name in a previous episode. It's my guess she's called back to FBI because of Jack. Tony is under arrest there & uses her as a hostage to make his escape (with her granddad - who she possibly doesn't know) in the finale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Er Jack's Dad is dead and hopefully he stays that way.

Brother is dead, dad got away

silvine wrote: »
    Er Jack's Dad is dead and hopefully he stays that way.

+1

The brother is dead, so is Philip Bauer. He was shot and left to die on that oil rig which then blew up.

Did we see a body ??

Rule # 210 of 24... no body, no guaranteed death & even then (Tony & even Jack at one point) it's subject to change...

I'm still expecting to see Larry & Bill in the finale, Obi-Wan-Kenobi blue glowey style...

iMax wrote: »
    Did we see a body ??

Rule # 210 of 24... no body, no guaranteed death & even then (Tony & even Jack at one point) it's subject to change...

I'm still expecting to see Larry & Bill in the finale, Obi-Wan-Kenobi blue glowey style...

Ok we didnt see a body, but I still don't think he will be back.

silvine wrote: »
    It's shaping up to be the best 24 season yet.

I'm expecting a strong ending. These episodes were written after the writers strike when they had a long time to think it through.

not sure about best ever season but it's definitly 24 standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Another good episode, I guess we've gotta accept that Tony's bad to the bone after all. Are the people he's working for the same group that was manipulating Logan in Season 5? Is Will Patton's (veteran actor, who appeared in such classics as The Client and...The Postman?) character the new Big Bad? I'm intrigued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I reckon Jack will definitely ring Kim and say "listen bitch, get your ho ass back and give me some of yo treatment DAMMIT!!!!" Well he's gotta stop Tony doesn't he?

Anyone else catch that Kim called her daughter Terri after her mam?

Decent episode but I didn't think it was as good as last weeks. Great season and I hope they can keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

deadly episode once again

im disappointed bout tony, i hate it when a character u really like turns out ta be bad:mad: still i spose its part of what makes 24 truly awesome!!

jack is real stubborn so i dont think he will take the treatment himself. I'd say Kim will come back and persuade the CDC doc to giv him the stem cells. I think it mite be illegal to treat someone after they have refused it but sure hey its 24, since when does that stop them ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Is Tony really bad though, is he still undercover I wonder knowing what is facing the President is far worse.....

3-4 episodes behind at the moment.

There is no way they expect the daughter's help to affect Jack that much that he can batter Tony by the end....

Ooohh can't wait, going to watch another two in the morning. I love sky +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

At last a worthwhile episode, but I still had to wait this long.

Tony has to survive into the next series other wise we will get another long series seemingly going nowhere. Day 6 and Day 7 have both suffured from getting rid of characters or plots with in the 24 hours.

E.G. Day 5's president should have continued into Day 6, got away with what he had done until he is brought down in Day 6. But I keep going on too much about Day 5 :(

Really enjoyed this episode, Tony's face when he saw Jack. All the questions Jack was asking. And that Tony got away :)

Looking forward to the next episode.

I had a dream this all ended well. A Coup D'eta of the president would be brilliant, would really set Day 8 up.

Advertisement