Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamite Idea

Options
  • 21-04-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Currently working on a dynamite idea. Its a website that will generate income via subscriptions and advertising revenue. Problem is I dont have the funds to launch it. I am looking for an investor who can supply the startup cash for a stake in the company, preferable someone with a good business head on his shoulders. Any thoughts where I can pitch my idea?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Need to do your research. Very little happens in the subscription area. Newspapers are abandoning it. Advertising needs major traffic to generate any reasonable income. And that's getting harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Try these guys Bono:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/dragonsden/

Ya!Ya!Ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭SKYDOG

Currently working on a dynamite idea. Its a website that will generate income via subscriptions and advertising revenue. Problem is I dont have the funds to launch it. I am looking for an investor who can supply the startup cash for a stake in the company, preferable someone with a good business head on his shoulders. Any thoughts where I can pitch my idea?

Try here: https://www.businessangels.ie/.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bellies

In all fairness, are you for real?? You have no research done! You are looking for an investor, and also must have a good business head!?? What do you bring to the table??

I'm sorry dont want to seem rude but I want my money to make money, not for me to work (for free) work aswell. Good luck trying to find someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭getonyourboots

Im not sure what you are trying to say? This idea has been in development for over 12 months, business plans have been drawn up, demo websites have been built, a certain amount research has been done, important domain names have been registered and my own professional background puts me in a unique position to not only contribute to the marketing side of the venture but to the actual content of the website its self. And to answer your question..I am for real.

Bellies wrote: »
    In all fairness, are you for real?? You have no research done! You are looking for an investor, and also must have a good business head!?? What do you bring to the table??

I'm sorry dont want to seem rude but I want my money to make money, not for me to work (for free) work aswell. Good luck trying to find someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bellies

Well if you have that must time and effort invested, why dont you go to your local Enterprise board and get the necessary mentoring for FREE, as well as keeping the share in your idea to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

I think you can make it out yourself that your sales pitch failed. Don't sell yourself short. You should have built the concept up first before you tried to make a sale. Create a sense of confidence. Make the product and yourself sound unmissable before you ask anyone to put their hand in their pocket. As you've written it in your original post it sounds nearly like you are looking for a handout.

And then when you've done all that you can request someone to respond, a good business brain is required, no time wasters etc....

PS Sorry don't have any spare cash at the moment but best of luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

Hi Getonyourboots,
    firstly don't mind the negatives posted above. Its all too easy to knock someone elses idea down (without having any proper insight)-Ireland is a world beater in this sport!

Secondly are you in a position to possibly go into your idea a little more detail here or not because its too vague for us to comment, assist etc... as it stands. Is your website live-can we look at it or can you advise on what area/niche your idea will focus on?

I assume it will be numbers orientated-eg IF its a good idea the hope is that the more people that visit the site the more will join, more visits you have=more possible advertising revenue-would that be correct?

Is your idea unique? Is it focused at Irish people only or a Global market? Again the more info you can give us (without divulging all your efforts to date or any sensitive information) the easier it may be to try and offer constructive advise.

Good luck with it at any rate-nice to see people getting off their arses and at least having a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭boomshackala

How much do you need to spend and why

People like subhub.com will host your subscription site and its only €60/month. You'll need 50 quality articles to launch, this shouldn't cost you money either.

Newspapers are not making money from subscriptions OR advertising for 2 reasons

The information is broad and easily gettable elsewhere for free. If you have a well targetted niche you overcome this

THeir advertising is v broad too. Yours will be targeted specifically at your narrow audience.

I'm doing one at the mo, PM me and I'm happy to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

leitrim lad ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=219905 ) might be your man , sounds straightforward , no bull**** kinda lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 osurdivol

I might be interested in this. Ive got money freed up at the moment, well I will have soon enough, that Im planning to spread into a few different investments and a high potential startup could be one of them. Shoot me a pm getonyourboots if you want to talk further, let me know what kind of figures you're talking about and what stake you are offering.

Advertisement