Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you have learned this Season?

Options
  • 21-04-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Like the title says really,

For me:

1. Aaron Lennon can play ball

2. My heart can still be broken even though I'm in a 6 year relationship (Carling cup final)

3. We only had 2 points before harry took over :D:D

4. Money cannot buy happiness (Man city)

5. Berbatov is a tosser

6. Even as a manager Alan Shearer can be overrated

7. therecklessone seems to have to deal with the least amount of sh!t on boards :pac:

8. Harry maybe Jesus or have a Magic wand

9. It is possible for a player to change my opinion of them (Never happened untill Gomes)

10.????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

That Bent never was, nor ever will be, a decent Spurs Centre-Forward.
    That the re-signing of Chimbo was a waste of dosh.
    That I detest penalty shoot-outs.
    That Bale may be over-rated.
    That Harry, despite a lot of anti-Harry feelings expressed here and elsewhere, is a decent bloody manager.
    That Dawson managed to regain his form despite Ramos!
    That foreign managers are no better than a lot of the available managerial talent within English football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That a settled XI is very important.
    That Right Backs are all the fashion.
    That Benoit Assou-Ekotto is probably the best Left Back we have had in 15 years.
    That Spurs always have to pay 4-5 million more than a player is actually worth.
    That we don't always need to score 4 goals to win a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

For a 2nd tier club to mount a sustained challenge on 4th place the cups must be sacrificed.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

That under Harry, we can look the big four in the eye in matches- for the first time since the mid-eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That Benoit Assou-Ekotto is probably the best Left Back we have had in 15 years.

Sorry no hijacking but - he really has stepped up his game today hasn't he:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

In no particular order

1. BAE has shown he has the talent to be a damn excellent fullback
    2. Aaron Lennon shows that for £1m there are still bargains out there
    3. Harry is a genius
    4. Palacios is the type of player we have been wanting for ages
    5. We still need a good CF
    6. Our supporters ARE STILL the best in the Country
    7. I still love this Club
    8. Should have gone to more games
    9. We need to start beating clubs below us in the league regularly
    10. Legroom in the seats is still cr@p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

1. We don't always have to pay 5m more then a player is worth and in fact can get them very cheap sometimes (Lennon)

2. King can play more then three games a season and doesn't have to be rested from april on:rolleyes:

3.Harry can spend a lot of money but gets results!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

1.make sure you check out millwall away games before you get on an intercity waring any item of clothing with a tottenham insignia.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

i learned that when a player signs for spurs he gets a free spin on danielle lloyd:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That Sky Sports can change the day of a game with just a month to go and all the tickets sold and fcuk up your whole trip, and turn a cheap trip into a dear one :mad: but we overcame all that and had a great time, all's well that ends well..;)

• Advertisement

curraghyid wrote: »
    1.make sure you check out millwall away games before you get on an intercity waring any item of clothing with a tottenham insignia.:eek:
    :eek: Bad experence then curraghyid..

hotspur147 wrote: »
    i learned that when a player signs for spurs he gets a free spin on danielle lloyd:D
    It looks that way doesn't it..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

1) harry does know more than just how to wheel and deal
    2) gomes is actually a word class keeper
    3) organising your defensive line works better than hoping they do their job
    4) ledley is still king
    5) false dawns and counting chickens is still very much a tott-ing-ham tradition
    6) even when you get used to it, losing a stupid game of kickball can still ruin your weekend
    7) staying up til 3am to watch spurs makes you tired

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

That under Harry, we can look the big four in the eye in matches- for the first time since the mid-eighties.

.....and tomorrow evening we'll be celebrating our best result in a long time.....?????
    I'm going for 2-1 for the away team.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

ruiseal wrote: »
    .....and tomorrow evening we'll be celebrating our best result in a long time.....?????
    I'm going for 2-1 for the away team.:D
    I admire your optimism but who knows. :cool: I think a draw is the best we can hope for. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

1. midfield is still the problem though at least with Willy we've started to address it!

2. Lennon is still our best out ball

3. Daws is still a good player

4. Ledley has a bit in the tank yet

5. We signed the wrong Russian again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

1)That I married the right woman when my wife comes to a Spurs game on her birthday.
    2) That jumping on an intercity train at tottenham hale without a ticket can be done.
    3) That woodgate is world class.
    4) That I am now going to have stop giving out about Norwegian yappie Jamie now he is working at the club.
    5) That Chris the bouncer from Kilkenny is a man to have on your side :D
    6) Not to give my camera to drunken eeijits that couldnt operate an egg slicer.
    7) That chims is still comedy gold.
    8) That Bale is not going to cut the mustard.
    9) That it is more satisfying backing defoe for first to score.
    10) That Luka is going to be brilliant next year.
    11) That a bad haircut makes a bad player!
    12) That I have the experience to not get carried away when sitting with United fans and you are 2-0 up.
    13) That the Arse fans dont stand by their team.
    14) That it is satisfying that work colleagues now call me the yid!

Did you actually chance getting on the train without buying a ticket and get away with it
    Seillejet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I did. Some background though. Im not like a toe rag that hopes on that cage on wheels the luas for free. I went to the Shaktar Donesk game with Mrs Seillejet. Had gone for a few beers in Camden and then got the tube to the Seven Sisters. Got off and walked up to ground all the while listening to her good self about how it was her birthday and the new shoes were cuting her heels. Some serious pissing and moaning, plus North East London on a thursday night wasnt her idea of fun.

Get to ground, buy ticket and into the Coach for six pints of guinness. Get out of ground and was staying in Kensington (long story) and said f&^K that not walking back to seven sisters. Go to Tottenham hale and hope on Stansted Express. Mrs seillejet is having kittens about how we dont have tickets. I am lamenting our loss and saying blag it. She keeps saying get off now. Im determined to go into Liverpool St which we do and then strut Gallagher like through gates when open. She was trying to be pissed off but glad to get to Liverpool St all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

1. I'm one of many people who have happily been proved wrong by Benoit Assou-Ekotto.
    2. Damien Comolli deserves praise for signing the above.
    3. I'll take defensively-sound 1-0 wins over heart-attack inducing 4-4's anytime.
    4. Watching spurs while sitting among opposition fans is unbearable.
    5. I'd be delighted to go a season without Europa League football and get a good run at the league.
    6. We recovered well given that we only had 2 points fro... sorry! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

ziedth wrote: »
    Like the title says really,

For me:

1. That the people from Nijmegan are bigger than the Stadium.
    2 That the best song of the season was " Chim Chimney,Chim Chimney,Chim Chim Cha Roo Bentley from 40 & Lennon from 2 " (Arsenal4-4 Spurs)
    3. That Howard Webb cant referee in the premiership
    4. That Harry stood by Gomes when he couldn't catch a cold.

Advertisement