Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematical Sciences

Options
  • 21-04-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey, does anyone do this course? I'm thinking of putting it down on my cao, and I'm just wondering what it's like.

What are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Trance

Do it part time for six years and don't waste 4 years of your life in Kevin Street full time. That's my thought and opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

ignore him!!! im in my final year of that course and I have loved it!!! its not the best college looks wise but it had a great atmosphere!!!!! Lecturers are great, classes arent huge so easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Trance

When that person says classes aren't huge she means that by your last year you might have maybe 6 people still doing your course.
    I just don't see why someone would spend 25-30 hours a week (or even more depending on your timetable) in Kevin Street doing maths when they could do it for only six hours a week over two evenings. If you think six years might be too long then you could do it part time for 4 years and 1 year full time. It might cost you 1000 euro a year but you'd be able to pay that ten times over since you'll have much more spare time available to work and earn money.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Class sizes average about 10 or 12 and most of these manage to last the course. Numbers are growing though and this year there are over 20 in first year.

This year there is a new programme in Industrial Maths - so new in fact it's not even on the COA list (I think you apply directly to the college)

More info here http://www.maths.dit.ie/indmaths/indmaths.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement