Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA in Midlands ?

• 21-04-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to see if there is an MMA class in the midlands somewhere?

Any info appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Where in the Midlands are you? There's a grappling club in Mullingar that might be of some interest to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

God this might sound silly but i've never heard of Grapling...

more tullamore direction. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

God this might sound silly but i've never heard of Grapling...

more tullamore direction. Thanks

Ya know the bit where they roll around trying to make the other person tap.....that grappling... (submission wrestling,BJJ)

I've no idea if there's anything over that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I think Phoenix Muay Thai is probably the place the other poster mentioned. Its in Mullingar and you can check it out online here: http://www.phoenixmuaythai.ie/index.html

I'm from Tullamore and last Summer I think I saw posters around town advertising Phoenix Muay Thai classes in Tullamore. If not I'm sure that they will know of anything else that might be going on.

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

Hi,
    There is no MMA in Westmeath or Midlands that i am aware of at present however there is a grappling class in our gym on a wednesday and saturday if you would like to drop in and check it out. I have a Muay Thai class after the Wednesday grappling session so you could come to both if that suited you?
    PM me if you would like to know more

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

just out of interest did you do classes in Tullamore or did I have that wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭phoenix-MT

yea i did and athlone in the sports centre to. We only did it for a short while then moved to mullingar full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Seems to be quite a few interested in MMA or Bjj in Tullamore who post on here. This topic has come up several times in the last few years but nothing definitive ever comes of it.

I work long and unpredictable hours and could be anywhere from letterkenny to Cork on any given day so cannot commit to being a regular in any Gym, but would certainly drop in whenever possible if there was an option available in Tullamore.

Can people who post here sign in if they are interested or know others who may be interested, and it might be worthwhile to get a coach down 1 or 2 days if there is enough interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Markshields91

I'm looking for mma may Thai jiu jitsu or anything of the sort in or around mullingar or tulle more and what nights and times there on. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dav2010

I'm looking for mma may Thai jiu jitsu or anything of the sort in or around mullingar or tulle more and what nights and times there on. Thanks
    Evolution mma (tullamore),look it up on facebook,training every evening at 6:30 apart from wednesdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

a new judo club has just opened in mullingar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 Rooneymara

OLDMAN1 wrote: »
    a new judo club has just opened in mullingar...

The Judo training in Mullingar is every Monday and Wednesday at 7 till half 8, with Saturdays to be scheduled at a later date. It takes place in the Taekwondo club on Austin Friar street. Good class that is run by Constantin Croitor from Athlone Judo club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

This one has recently opened in Tullamore.

https://www.facebook.com/evolutionmma.tullamore

Advertisement