Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pureskill

Options
  • 21-04-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Anyone been up here yet???
    I'm going up later this afternoon, will let you know what I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

what is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

was there on open day great laugh !!! price:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

fifib wrote: »
    what is it??
    An all sports centre
    On another note please edit your signature it is slowing down my internet connection

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

fifib, have a read of the signature rules here. That was way too big.

• Advertisement

oops sorry didnt realise was that big! gone now ..im finishd experimenting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Have to say I kinda likes certain parts of it. Unfortunately there were some teething problems with the equipment, I am hopeful that they were just teething problems. I liked the baseball, soccer, rugby and the basketball wasnt bad. Nothing else really inspired me, the cricket part wasnt great, neither were either of the field or ice hockey parts.

I'd like to think this place would do well. I can see certain parts appealing to the younger crowd and other parts to the older crowd. Its a shame it isnt closer to the city centre. I'll visit again, hoping they have sorted out the little problems!!

just been looking at the site..place looks like could be good fun! do you think it would be suitable for a work group activity out? might suggest this, were looking for something to do for an evening out before we hit the pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DMBandit

It's definately suitable for a work group activity. You don't actually have to be good at most of the games and it's ideal to have a bit of a competition between say 20 people. I had a tour of it a few weeks back and it's very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pure Skill

has anyone been, is it for young kids, etc.

Welcome to Pure Skill, Fusion of Sport a 25, 000 sq ft indoor sport and leisure destination located in Knocknacarra Galway, only minutes from the city centre. Using advanced automated and electronic technologies, Pure Skill is the first of its kind in the world!

For family, friends, clubs and businesses; Pure Skill is designed to suit your ability at any stage, for anyone
    cheers,
    pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

fifib wrote: »
    oops sorry didnt realise was that big! gone now ..im finishd experimenting :)

Sorry for reporting it man,just really slowed my connection, I don't have anything against labour, will even knock something together in PS for ya if you want...

Back to Topic:

Was just there 2 hours ago, The baseball is really sore on the hands, good fun though, I really liked the interactive golf...
    Stay clear of cricket its a waste of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Do you pay for each individual sport or just pay for an hour or something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The cost per circuit (10 skills/sports) is 15 euro Fri-Sun and 12 euro Mon-Thurs. Your giving a swipe card with money credits which you use to swipe whatever you want to do. This can also be used in the simulation section although we weren't too impressed with this (surf simulator is naff). You can top this up as you wish also which is handy.

There were also a few teething problems but it is still a bit of craic although I would agree that the cricket skill just makes you look (and feel) like a dancing hopping skipping prat. Also the floor of the basketball skills could be made more solid so the ball will bounce more naturally. Gotta say the staff were great. Will be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

WTF are teething problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

WTF are teething problems?

When you start going out with a girl and your finding it hard to get much off her. but after a while you will get there.

Fracture wrote: »
    When you start going out with a girl and your finding it hard to get much off her. but after a while you will get there.

As above or in the case of PureSkills a couple of the skills (rugby and gaelic place kicking) were not in operation and one or two problems with the swiping but the stafff were great in dealing with it. The rugby and gaelic now up and running from what I know.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I just can't get over the name. It's hilarious. So rural and quaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »
    I just can't get over the name. It's hilarious. So rural and quaint.

TBH it should have been called "Pureskill, like"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    TBH it should have been called "Pureskill, like"
    That's exactly how I see it being pronounced by some ruddy cheeked muck savage from Caherlistrane with his St Paisley's Under 12 Hurling (C-Team) training top and pair of black Wranglers.

Pureshhkill shhcan...

• Advertisement
Advertisement