Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Rock Band

Options
  • 21-04-2009 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭

So, its true, this game is really happening and its been unveiled today.

Dunno what I think of the game but it has some good tunes I want in my regular RB store.
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has confirmed that Lego Rock Band is in development for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS.

Due for release later this year, TT Games is developing the title in partnership with Harmonix, with Warner set to act as publisher.

“Lego Rock Band combines two compelling properties and creates an experience that family members of all ages will enjoy playing together as a group,” said Tom Stone, managing director of TT Games. “Harmonix and MTV Games are the world experts in music gameplay, and we’re genuinely thrilled to bring the unique and humor-filled Lego experience to their Rock Band universe.”

Bob Picunko, senior vice president of Electronic Games for MTV Games, said: “Rock Band is a social game experience that crosses every generation and every genre of rock. Harmonix and MTV Games are big fans of the Lego game franchise and excited to work with TT Games to develop a new take on Rock Band that focuses on great music and Lego humour that’s fun for the whole family.”
    "Lego Rock Band combines the multiplayer music experience of Rock Band with the fun, customization and humour of the Lego videogame franchise packed with brilliant chart-topping songs and classic favourites suitable for younger audiences, including:

Blur: "Song 2"
    Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
    Europe: "The Final Countdown"
    Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
    Pink: "So What"

"Players will become rockers as they embark on a journey to stardom that the whole family can enjoy as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond, that mimic the imaginative settings that the Lego world offers. Also continuing the LEGO "build-and-play" gaming experience, players will be able to create their own Lego Rock Band style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. Lego Rock Band supports Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

This will be worth getting for the novelty value alone! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

And don't forget Rock Band unplugged. It could be the sequel(ish) to amplitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Will we be able to import the Lego songs into the normal RB2 library?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Will we be able to import the Lego songs into the normal RB2 library?

Screw that! Import the RB1 and RB2 songs into the lego game! :D:D
    btw, PW is missing ya, come back sometime. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some of the songs here look like alot of fun. :)
    Importable into main Rock Band library for 800 points (ouch).

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/12/lego-rock-band-tracks-revealed-transferable-to-rock-band/
    Consoles:

All American Rejects -- "Swing, Swing"
    The Automatic -- "Monster"
    Blink-182 -- "Aliens Exist"
    Blur -- "Song 2"
    Bon Jovi -- "You Give Love a Bad Name"
    Boys like Girls -- "Thunder"
    Bryan Adams -- "Summer of 69"
    Carl Douglas -- "Kung Fu Fighting"
    The Coral -- "Dreaming of You"
    Counting Crows -- "Accidentally in Love"
    David Bowie -- "Let's Dance"
    Elton John -- "Crocodile Rock"
    Europe -- "The Final Countdown"
    Everlife -- "Real Wild Child"
    Foo Fighters -- "Breakout"
    Good Charlotte -- "Girls & Boys"
    The Hives -- "Tick Tick Boom!"
    Iggy Pop -- "The Passenger"
    Incubus -- "Dig"
    Jackson 5 -- "I Want You Back"
    Jimi Hendrix -- "Fire"
    Kaiser Chiefs -- "Ruby"
    Katrina & The Waves -- "Walking on Sunshine"
    The Kooks -- "Naïve"
    KoRn -- "Word Up!"
    KT Tunstall -- "Suddenly I See"
    Lostprophets -- "Rooftops"
    P!NK -- "So What"
    The Police -- "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
    The Primitives -- "Crash"
    Queen -- "We Are The Champions"
    Queen -- "We Will Rock You"
    Rascal Flatts -- "Life is a Highway"
    Ray Parker Jr. -- "Ghostbusters"
    Razorlight -- "Stumble and Fall"
    Spin Doctors -- "Two Princes"
    Spinal Tap -- "Short & Sweet"
    Steve Harly -- "Make Me Smile"
    Sum 41 -- "In Too Deep"
    Supergrass -- "Grace"
    Tom Petty -- "Free Fallin"
    T-Rex -- "Ride a White Swan"
    Vampire Weekend -- "A-Punk"
    We the Kings -- "Check Yes Juliet"
    The Zutons -- "Valerie"

DS:

All American Rejects -- "Swing, Swing"
    The Automatic -- "Monster"
    Blur -- "Song 2"
    Carl Douglas -- "Kung Fu Fighting"
    Counting Crows -- "Accidentally in Love"
    Good Charlotte -- "Girls & Boys"
    Iggy Pop -- "The Passenger"
    Jackson 5 -- "I Want You Back"
    Kaiser Chiefs -- "Ruby"
    Katrina & the Waves -- "Walking on Sunshine"
    KT Tunstall -- "Suddenly I See"
    P!NK -- "So What"
    The Primitives -- "Crash"
    Rascal Flatts -- "Life is a Highway"
    Ray Parker Jr. -- "Ghostbusters"
    Spin Doctors -- "Two Princes"
    Sum 41 -- "In Too Deep"
    Supergrass -- "Grace"
    Tom Petty -- "Free Fallin'"
    Vampire Weekend -- "A-Punk"
    We the Kings -- "Check Yes Juliet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

So I take we can rent it and import them into the rb2 setlist like with rb1?
    Well worth the 800 points!

As long as you're the first renter! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr E wrote: »
    As long as you're the first renter! :)

that only if it requires a code to go along with it , can't see them making the same mistake twice though :rolleyes:

Game itself looks like fun regardless , and it's got my favorite Blink-182 song on it :)

And Hillary Duff isn't in this /shakes fist @ band hero :mad:

Good find Mr. E. Lego Rock Band thread here, could you merge please (again, oh for an active mod!)

The songs I'm interested in-

Bon Jovi -- "You Give Love a Bad Name"#
    Bryan Adams -- "Summer of 69"
    Elton John -- "Crocodile Rock"
    The Police -- "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
    Sum 41 -- "In Too Deep" (AWESOME!!)

SUM 41!! That was my second album ever, what a great guilty tune! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

In Too Deep was one my favourite songs for quite a long time, I have no problem admitting that :D

It's so damn catchy, great little opening riff. Considering buying this just for that song now!

Why the hell hasn't there been a Sum 41 dlc pack????

Fat lip, In to deep and the hell song would be gold!!!!!

Fat Lip on GH1 was a great little ditty. Bring on the Sum41 DLC!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Good find Mr. E. Lego Rock Band thread here, could you merge please (again, oh for an active mod!)

Sorry I have no mod powers here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Queen and Europe tracks justify this enough if you ask me!

Mr E wrote: »
    Sorry I have no mod powers here. :)
    Ah sorry, I just realised that's Games the thread and not Games the forum. Apologies Mr E. I might give Zapp Branigan a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

There's some good songs there and tbh I'll definitely be picking it up but I'm a little disappointed that there's only 45 tracks in the game as opposed to the 80-ish contained in RB1&2 (granted a few of them are bonus tracks that I'm not bothered with).

Exporting the L:RB tracks will be a one-time deal with a code from the manual like the AC/DC pack.

Just noticed this nugget on the RB site
    Compatibility with RB1 or 2:
    100% export confirmed via John Drake's Twitter. - "@SamitSarkar also, 100% export! Confirmed! "

Any downloadable track for Rock Band that passes through a content filter can be imported into Lego Rock

Now that is cool! Harmonix are total legends.

EDIT: Threads Merged for tidyness

• Advertisement

Ok, so ....

Some filthy pirates seemed to have leaked this early and from what I have seen on the you tube videos (search yourself) and some extensive googling.

People really need to worry less about what you can export form Lego and worry more about what you can import. 24 songs from RB1 show up in lego and not the good one's. DLC you already have is hit or miss and random really from what i've seen but no definitive list available yet, one site said a guy with 78 dlc tracks had 27 show up in Lego :eek: some thign to do with the content filter in L:RB :(

If you buy this as is with no other rock band games or dlc you end up doomed replaying the same songs over and over. (45 lego songs)

Also check the vids on the you tube for the final count down and we will rock you :eek: is that some none guitar stuff being charted for guitar i see :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

After the effort that went into TB:RB, this comes off as a bit cheap and naff in the gameplay leaked vidoes if seen on Youtube. The LEGO style does nothing for me and the characters and stages look awful and nowhere as well modelled as TB:RB.

Can't see myself getting this unless its going very cheap as you have to play another €10 to import the songs from it into RB2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I want it for the songs, but why no Tom Petty in the 360 version and only DS? I didn't think the Heartbreakers were that popular with 13 year old girls.

I want it for the songs, but why no Tom Petty in the 360 version and only DS? I didn't think the Heartbreakers were that popular with 13 year old girls.

Free fallin' by Tom Petty is in the 360 version from what I remember :confused:

Good stuff, thought it was out yesterday but nowhere was selling it today.

Good stuff, thought it was out yesterday but nowhere was selling it today.

Not out here till the 27th , got mine from play-asia for €37 arrived yesterday, won't get to play it till tomorrow though :mad:

Band hero is out here though :p

I saw Band Hero for sale alright, and that's why I came home empty handed.

Do I dare ask if anyone bought lego rockband?? :D

I actually like the track list on it especially compared to Band Hero :rolleyes:

Might pick it up if the price drops.

Do I dare ask if anyone bought lego rockband?? :D

I actually like the track list on it especially compared to Band Hero :rolleyes:

Might pick it up if the price drops.

I got it, was going to trade it later in the week as i finished the game and exported the songs. What a pain in the backside it was to export them :mad:

It's a decent game, got mine online weeks ago though saw it going for 45-50 most places here, deffo not worth that money as you have to pay another 800ms points to export the songs to RB2, and you can't just borrow the dvd like rock band one as it comes with a once off code you have to use.

That said though the export is actually a download so once you have the license you no longer actually need the dvd as you can just download the songs again should you need to :)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

In fairness, you couldn't expect Harmonix to pull a RB1 again, who knows how much money they've lost on that!

Advertisement