Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9.6v Battery

Options
  • 21-04-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what troubles a 9.6v might cause to a stock CA36K or any other gun for that matter and how to rectify those problems? And what exactly does the mAh on the battery dictate?

Also, just for my curiousity, how do you shim the gears properly and grease/oil the mechbox?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

The mah is the capacity of the battery, ive used 9.6 batteries in 2 clones without any problems so far, that being said the rate of fire will be higher and the gearbox will be under more stress when firing full auto so you could end up with stripped gears or piston. I dont know what the internals are like in your 36k, they could be well able for a 9.6v battery but your best off waiting for some one with one of thoses aegs to tell you what the internals are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

I had a heated bebate with toasty last weekend about this.

This is what i said to him.

The 9.6v battery will turn the motor faster and increase the rate of fire but it will not effect the fps of the aeg. 9.6v batteries have more muscle and can compress stronger springs.

The mah of a battery dictates how long your battery will last on a full charge. The higher the batteries mah the longer it will last. I have 3300 mah batteries and they have yet to run out after a full days gaming. People with 1000mah batteries will run out before the day is out. The mah of a battery will not effect the fps of the aeg.

Fps is dicated by the the spring and how well sealed the piston & cyclinder parts are.

Would anybody agree with what i am saying cause i couldn't explain it to toasty it was too confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

correct
    i agree with you 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

I had a heated bebate with toasty last weekend about this.

This is what i said to him.

The 9.6v battery will turn the motor faster and increase the rate of fire but it will not effect the fps of the aeg. 9.6v batteries have more muscle and can compress stronger springs.

The mah of a battery dictates how long your battery will last on a full charge. The higher the batteries mah the longer it will last. I have 3300 mah batteries and they have yet to run out after a full days gaming. People with 1000mah batteries will run out before the day is out. The mah of a battery will not effect the fps of the aeg.

Fps is dicated by the the spring and how well sealed the piston & cyclinder parts are.

Would anybody agree with what i am saying cause i couldn't explain it to toasty it was too confusing.

I agree completly and STRONGLY (apologies for the caps but they must be done) that you do not re-shim your gear box toasty! get somebody who knows what they are doing to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Ok Niall you were right I was wrong. Sorry

Why not re-shim my gearbox myself?

• Advertisement

because you dont know what your doing...i would advise watching somebody do it or get someone to show you how to do it

Fair enough, got any links on youtube or any other site that could show me, or know anyone that would show me?

i'm sure if you pop into a shop and just ask them...why u trying to reshim it anyway?

Like I said, its just my curiousity. I'd rather know now and have the knowledge when its needed than be clueless when the time comes.

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Ok Niall you were right I was wrong. Sorry

Why not re-shim my gearbox myself?

Yahoo i was right!!!

Dosen't that mean you have to take a firing squad this weekend, i distintly rember saying the person who is wrong had to take a firing squad. The only thing i didn't say was that the firing sqad has to be made up of the R.A.T.S cause most of them don't know there aegs fire in semi auto.

P.s Why do you want to reshim the gearbox? i have done it on mine but i wouldn't 100% sure if i did it right way but i had no problems so far.

• Advertisement

its mainly just appling a set amount of lub at certain contact points and is really all down to experience

Yahoo i was right!!!

Dosen't that mean you have to take a firing squad this weekend, i distintly rember saying the person who is wrong had to take a firing squad. The only thing i didn't say was that the firing sqad has to be made up of the R.A.T.S cause most of them don't know there aegs fire in semi auto.

One of them in a firing squad would still be overkill!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Im looking for a re-shim youtube vid or guide too.
    No matter how many times I read Text on how its
    done I still dont get what the heck people are talking about.

I also plan on taking a gear box apart soon which is not an
    issue, getting it back together again in working order may
    however be an issue.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

from my very little knowledge shimming a gearbox is essentally adding smal spacers to the gears in the gear box to make the fit / interact better i had no notion after reading the on line guides until a i opened up a gearbox and it all made sense.

just don't follow my lead i opened willy nilly and bits flew everywhere, have a look on mechbox and see if you can find a video covering disasembeley there are a couple of little tricks to make it easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    i had no notion after reading the on line guides until a i opened up a gearbox and it all made sense.

Ditto! I learned so much just by opening up a gearbox.

Heres a video I found on youtube I hope it helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RW6C2cBUro&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Once you open the gearbox you will find its quite simple. There are people that want you to believe its difficult...maybe for self validation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Once you open the gearbox you will find its quite simple. There are people that want you to believe its difficult...maybe for self validation.

:rolleyes:

People are getting paid to do it so there is a certain skill involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

Blay wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

People are getting paid to do it so there is a certain skill involved.
    Because people get paid to do it doesn't mean its difficult:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Because people get paid to do it doesn't mean its difficult:rolleyes:

I didn't say it was difficult:rolleyes:

I said there was skill involved

If its so simple why is there a troubleshooting section here on boards and why do some shops do repairs?

I wouldn't say its rocket surgery but it does require you to know a little about what your doing. I screwed up on the first gearbox that I opened.
    But I saw it this way, either I could open it and try and do it (and learn something from it). Or just drop it in to Eirsoft and get Richie to do it. I opened it myself, I screwed it up, I learned loads and it ended up in Eirsoft anyway. So I don't really see it as a loss ;).

• Advertisement

it depends on the person some people are mechically minded and will open the gear box and find it much easier to find out whats happening then others. Thats why you need repair shops cause you know some people won't have a clue open the gear box and won't be able to figure out how to put it back together, they might wont to keep it in warrentee or maybe they are to afraid to open it up.

I couldn't resist opening my gun up when it produced a problem. Of course i made all of the mistakes and bits flew every were and it cost me a bit in new parts but now i can open the gearbox no problem and have done 5 or 6 times at this stage. As a result i have learned that the internals of a gear box are quite simple and if someone were to come over and ask me about a problem with their aeg i would probibly be able to figure it out.

To me messing with the gear box is all part of the sport. Internal parts are pretty easy to get your hands on so i would say their is alot of people messing with their gear boxes. It also means i don't have to wait for ages for a shop to repair it and be stuck with no aeg for the weekend!!

Toherinator it was a rhetorical question.

Advertisement