Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Questions

• 21-04-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Hi guys / gals,

I'm not a regular poster on the Wrestling forums, I've long despaired of the current roster and think back to the heady days of the mid - 80s as a 14 year old, and more recently the late nineties with the great entertainers, Stone Cold, Rock, Foley, Sexual Chocolate :eek:, Owen Hart.

However, I've just finished reading Bret Hart's book which was great as there were names in there I'd forgotten even wrestled.

So it got me thinking - first memory and favourite memory.

First thing I ever saw in the WWE was when Sky had just arrived and I was flicking the channels on night. The exact moment I flicked on, Adrian Adonis was " blinding " Roddy Piper with perfume - I was horrified that someone could be so cruel - it's gas looking back.

Favourite memories are
    1 ) The excitement of Wrestlemania III, the first big wrestling event we'd seen and watching it on a Sunday til 1am and being delighted you were allowed stay up.
    2 ) Strangely enough a fight when Rugged Ronny Garvin won a WCW title I think on Screensport.
    3 ) But my absolute favourite one is when Foley beat the Rock for the title on Raw. Even seeing it now on YouTube gives me goosebumps - I have NEVER heard a pop from a crowd as that night when Stone Cold came in and it continued till the 1-2-3. Incredible.

Cheers,

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What are the questions then?

Anyway, agreed, WM 3 was my first introduction also. And that pop for Austin when the glass broke was probably the biggest spontaneous pop I have ever heard in the wwe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hi guys / gals,

I'm not a regular poster on the Wrestling forums, I've long despaired of the current roster and think back to the heady days of the mid - 80s as a 14 year old, and more recently the late nineties with the great entertainers, Stone Cold, Rock, Foley, Sexual Chocolate :eek:, Owen Hart.

Good to see ya round these parts, sadly I can't rib ya for your worrying obsession with Frank Mir here. :(
    However, I've just finished reading Bret Hart's book which was great as there were names in there I'd forgotten even wrestled.

So it got me thinking - first memory and favourite memory.

First thing I ever saw in the WWE was when Sky had just arrived and I was flicking the channels on night. The exact moment I flicked on, Adrian Adonis was " blinding " Roddy Piper with perfume - I was horrified that someone could be so cruel - it's gas looking back.

Favourite memories are
    1 ) The excitement of Wrestlemania III, the first big wrestling event we'd seen and watching it on a Sunday til 1am and being delighted you were allowed stay up.
    2 ) Strangely enough a fight when Rugged Ronny Garvin won a WCW title I think on Screensport.
    3 ) But my absolute favourite one is when Foley beat the Rock for the title on Raw. Even seeing it now on YouTube gives me goosebumps - I have NEVER heard a pop from a crowd as that night when Stone Cold came in and it continued till the 1-2-3. Incredible.

First memory for me would be Steamboat getting his larynx crushed by Savage first by being draped over the barrier and axehandled, and then with the ring bell in an early 87 episode of Superstars. That was intense sh*t at the time, and it kinda got me hooked. I also remember a lot of injuries happening in primary school at the time by kids trying to perform piledrivers, slams and suplexes on each other. Yeah, teachers got a rough time of it that year.

Favourite moment? I'd love to say Goldberg kicking Bret Hart square in the head and putting him out of his misery once and for all, but even i'm not that cruel. Nah, It would have to be Savage winning the tournament at Wrestlemania IV. The fact that Hogan stayed in the picture for that entire year soured it though, but at least he got a second run with it in 1992.

gimmick wrote: »
    What are the questions then?

Is that a Cork thing or something?!
    The questions were first memory and favourite memory.[/QUOTE]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have plenty of stuff i kind of remember but the earliest memory i have was Undertaker beating hogan with help from flair. I never saw it at the time but i did hear aout in school the day after. I didn't beleive it was true for ages. Earliest thing i watched was bret and davey at summerslam. I remember reading the result in the mirror or sun before i saw it on tape. Watched it with loads of other kids at the time and i was the only one that knew the result. I was a major bulldog fan at the time.

Best memory i can think of was Edge cashing in money in the bank. I remember watching the elimnation chamber and being sick when it was down to cena masters and carlito. I was convinced shawn would win when he superkicked angle. With him gone I knew cena had to win so felt this was a waste of a match. I was out of the chair when edges music hit, best feeling wrestling had given me for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Is that a Cork thing or something?!
    The questions were first memory and favourite memory.

He never asked a question..

He just stated his first and favourite memory..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Where did the nostalgia thread go?

I thought that was stickied?

Speaking of Savage winning the tournament at IV, Ventura bashing Hogan was great "I tell you something Monsoon, I didn't know Hogan could stoop that low!"

Where did the nestalgia thread go?

I thought that was stickied?

I did sticky it, but after two weeks of inactivity, i took it down to make room for the thread about the biki instead.
    Speaking of Savage winning the tournament at IV, Ventura bashing Hogan was great "I tell you something Monsoon, I didn't know Hogan could stoop that low!"

That's nothing compared to the worked shoot promo he cuts on him in the interval section of Wrestlemania V when they show the trailer for No Holds Barred. That was brilliant. :D

Jesse had a lot of real life contempt for Hogan.

Advertisement