Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail.

Options
  • 21-04-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hello All,

Currently doing a history essay for college (bleugh) and I'm just curious... What are the traditional policies of FF?

I really don't want to get into a FF vs. Everyone else, nor do i want to talk about the budget!

It's just their website contains no real information. Very annoying.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,250 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Thanks Sleepy... But that's too far back for me. I'm looking for policies persued during the 18th Dail (1965-1969)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I recommend a book, specifically, JJ Lee's 1912-1985. Easy to access book which looks at FF policy fairly extensively.

I think i've cracked it.

Economc expansion was the name of the game! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

meganj wrote: »
    I think i've cracked it.

Economc expansion was the name of the game! Thanks!

Only in the 60's. Pre 60's they were into protectionism, particularly in the 30's under DeValera.

In the main FF are a populist party who stand for nothing but helping out their rich cronies;) dont put that in yer essay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well CJH's policy at that time was definetly economic expansion, but it was more in a personal capacity I would bet ;)

FF haven't stood for much in a long time, bar getting relected of course.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Well CJH's policy at that time was definetly economic expansion, but it was more in a personal capacity I would bet ;)

FF haven't stood for much in a long time, bar getting relected of course.

Yea asked the OH (FF.. i know i know espeically when i'm Labour but anyways) what FF actually stands for he couldn't answer.. not a good sign.

Apparently according to the lovely people at WIKI it was economic expansion, moving away from protectionism and opening up Ireland to foreign investors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You're seriously using wiki/boards as your main sources for a uni history essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You're seriously using wiki/boards as your main sources for a uni history essay?

Many people do. I have for base facts but never cited it as it will get you an F. If I find something good I'll find it in a book and cite the book.

OP listen to what I told you. FF were protectionist when DeValera was in charge of them. That was all the way up until the late 50's. So FF 1926- late 50's were a protectionist/self sufficiency party. Under Lemass and subsequent leaders they were for economic expansion. I am a history student myself;)

Pride Fighter you're a legend, my gratitude!

Wikipedia, provided you know what your talking about can be quite useful. Am i using it as my main source? No. the whole point of this post was so i could talk about the policies of each party during the 1960's in my introduction. About twenty words were used, five of them referencing FF. I'm not an idiot and therfore would never use wiki as my main and only source, but it's handy when the stupid FF website does not provide a history of it's own political policies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

the stupid FF website does not provide a history of it's own political policies!

Do they even have current policies?

Sand wrote: »

Probably not no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sand wrote: »

Pension policy documents for themselves, maybe, but other than that, I doubt it!

Advertisement