Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scrambled eggs on toast

• 21-04-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

cooked this morning at 11.40am,

3 eggs
    pinch of salt & pepper
    3 teaspoons of low fat milk
    melt a teaspoons of butter in pan

2 slices of burgen soya bread toasted with butter.

it's 4.30pm now i made myself eat a yogurt an hour a go.

but i am still stuffed:eek:

i mean i could really not eat anything at all at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

It bears out a study they did where they fed one group of women eggs for breakfast, and the other group the same calories worth of bagel. Each group ate ad lib for the rest of the day. The egg group lost lots more weight, inches and bodyfat than the bagel group, and (even after 12 weeks of 2-3 eggs a day) without putting their cholesterol up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Why do you reckon that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

eggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

eggs are filling, no insulin spike, so no hunger an hour later. I love bagels, but I can't eat them, because they run close to 300 calories before you put a scape of butter on them, and I am starving again far too quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

Eggs are full of protein - protein fills you up and keeps you satisfied for longer.

Bagels are high GI - your body digests them quickly and so you feel hungrier sooner.

The lower GI a food is, the longer it will keep you full (such as the bread eaten in the OP's breakfast, that's a low GI bread and so will add to the full feeling provided by the eggs).

You could have had 3 fried eggs (with the butter you used) and white bread for toast and eaten pretty much the same meal but felt hungrier sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Very good and interesting, thanks. I hadn't thought of it in those terms

Advertisement