Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an item of clothing to JD sports

Options
  • 21-04-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I wasn't sure where to put this so mods I don't mind if move it if you feel this is the wrong place.

I bought an item of clothing in JD sports a few days ago. I tried it on, it looked grand in the shop. I came home tried it on again, took the label off and then decided it was too big.

I haven't worn it, it looks unused and smells like fresh shop bought clothes. I have the receipt and the label, but it is unattached.

Will I be able to exchange this for a smaller size or get a refund if they don't have the smaller size in stock (which I think they don't)?

The label was attached with a piece of string, I am tempted to find a piece of string that looks similar and reattach the label myself! However if they discovered that I'd surely not be able to return it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thread probable better suited in the Consumer Issues forum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Used to work in JD Sports in the summer just gone.:D

Did you throw the labels out?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Nope, like I said I still have the label, but I removed it from the top.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As you removed the labels they don't legally have to accept it back, infact even if the labels were still on it they still don't.....change of mind is not a valid reason for returning an item.

If you ask nicely and explain the situation and perhaps if your buying another item at the time they may accept back the item but legally they don't have to.

Its totally up to JD

Ok thanks. I want to change it for a smaller size, I did this once before with shoes, but Iit was the day after I bought them. Hopefully they will allow me, I'm terrible for buying things the wrong size!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A lot of shops are quite decent about exchanges as long as you have the receipts and the labels, and the item is in perfect condition.

Give it a go, you've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

disssco wrote: »
    Nope, like I said I still have the label, but I removed it from the top.

Didn't see that, they should give you a refund/exchange. Remember when I worked there if the string was gone we'd just put the label on the label on a seam.

Kewel, thanks guys, will try bringing it back tomorrow.

Advertisement