Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest pub or (best offer) in Waterford.

• 21-04-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

I saw a banner up on Norris's pub, free €2 bet every monday with EVERY pint bought before 5oc.Is there any more of this stuff happening around town ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

norris' and bradys do 3 pints for a tenner(bud,heineken,carlsberg etc) when theres matches on ,during the match time only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Isn't that illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Isn't that illegal?
    na, it's when they start selling 'yokes' behind the bar like in Shameless. then it crosses the line :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Susan12345678

Nowhere else in Waterford really that is so cheap. I was in a city centre late night bar over weekend and paid €5.60 for a shot of vodka and €1.90. Crazy prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Nowhere else in Waterford really that is so cheap. I was in a city centre late night bar over weekend and paid €5.60 for a shot of vodka and €1.90. Crazy prices

ive never hard of a shot being so expensive, where is this place?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Isn't that illegal?
    Isn't that a sick bird

magick wrote: »
    ive never hard of a shot being so expensive, where is this place?!

Sorry I didn't finish my comment propely..... It was €5.60 for the shot of Vodka and rather than get a bottle of 7up I asked for a dash of whit lemondae and they charged €1.90 for that!!!! Only when I woke up followng morning and saw receipt, I couldn't believe it! It was Harvey's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I notice that Ruby lounge have reduced the cost of their "dashes" to 50cent. Twas madness charging more than that...and i dunno how places get away with it

I notice that Ruby lounge have reduced the cost of their "dashes" to 50cent. Twas madness charging more than that...and i dunno how places get away with it

I know €1.90 for a dash is robbery but the worst thing is by the time I get to Harvey's I'm too drunk to care!!!!! I just never looked at my receipt before so didn't realise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Lads hit them where it hurts in the pocket, and dont go there. Harveys and Rubys are screwing people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

Was out in a Cork nightclub recently, vodka and dash was €4-very reasonable. There is another venue that sells the same for €2.90.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Bought a round of a pint of cider, a whiskey and coke and a Southern Comfort and White in Ruby's Lounge at the weekend and it came to €21.50. Nearly fell over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

this thread brought back a memory of a hotel in Tramore back in the '70s that used to do an old time dancing night for the 'mature customer'. Anyway, all the 'old ones' would have their hip flasks and bottles of vodka/gin/whiskey in their hand bags and just keep topping up their glasses for the night.

p.s. I was just a teenager waiting for a lift, not one of the old folks :P

p.p.s. why bother with mixers for your spirits. John Wayne never used mixers in his whiskey. Hell no! :mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

old gregg wrote: »
    John Wayne never used mixers in his whiskey. Hell no! :mad::D

Ya it worked out well for him budd he died aged 70 :pac:

I always go to Harveys, Mainly because I hate nightclubs, I won't drink in Revolutions & some of the friends don't like Muldoons. The price of drink in there really is crazy but when you take into account that the place generally doen't let Teenie's or Scumbags in and you don't have to pay the €10 it's not the worst option in town.

Back on Topic: Norris's seem to run the best offers although I'm sure the student nights down in Masons are pretty good at least they where when I was in college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Was in Dublin last week and TGI Friday's had a big sign outside saying all pints were €4 up to 7pm!

Sign of the times really and pubs should be able to offer deals!

The great rip off in pubs is for mixers and soft drinks - no alcohol yet they charge more for a pint of orange than a pint of beer!

The other thing that really grates is charging so much more for a half pint of beer compared to the pint - at least in the UK it is illegal to charge more than 50% of the price of a pint for a half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sorry I didn't finish my comment propely..... It was €5.60 for the shot of Vodka and rather than get a bottle of 7up I asked for a dash of whit lemondae and they charged €1.90 for that!!!! Only when I woke up followng morning and saw receipt, I couldn't believe it! It was Harvey's!

I was in there on Fri night and paid €5.30 for a pint of Carlsberg! Rip-off Ireland is alive and well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't think I've ever charged for a dash in my life. Unless the person is taking the piss and taking half the bottle.
    Lads hit them where it hurts in the pocket, and dont go there. Harveys and Rubys are screwing people.

With an effective Monopoly, people who want to go to a club on a night out have no other choice but to line Tweedy's pockets. Granted, Harveys isn't owned by the Tweedy's but as long as they're filling their venue when they need to, they have no need to enter price competition with The Tweedy Group as it would only spell their demise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I was in Glasgow last year and a vodka and a dash was £1.90. And that was at 1 and 2 in the morning in a nightclub which wasn't a sh*thole or anything!

How we can be so ripped off I don't know.

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya it worked out well for him budd he died aged 70 :pac:

I always go to Harveys, Mainly because I hate nightclubs, I won't drink in Revolutions & some of the friends don't like Muldoons. The price of drink in there really is crazy but when you take into account that the place generally doen't let Teenie's or Scumbags in and you don't have to pay the €10 it's not the worst option in town.

Back on Topic: Norris's seem to run the best offers although I'm sure the student nights down in Masons are pretty good at least they where when I was in college.

Think Harveys make up for a cover charge with the price of drink, and for teeni'es anytime I was in there, It wasnt far behind rubys for underage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Think Harveys make up for a cover charge with the price of drink, and for teeni'es anytime I was in there, It wasnt far behind rubys for underage

Are you kidding me? Harveys is where people go to find a life partner before they die.

• Advertisement

Tellox, have you ever being in there on a Wednesday night? You might agree with me then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I went into Harvey's during the spree and they robbed me with their prices, I'll never darken their door again.

Advertisement