Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good Shopping Cart tutorial

Options
  • 21-04-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm creating an e-commerce site from scratch for my college project, I am enjoying the challenge but have hit a wall when it comes to implementing a shopping cart. Can you recommend any good tutorials, I know you'll probably suggest google but believe me I've tried.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

vodkadub wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm creating an e-commerce site from scratch for my college project, I am enjoying the challenge but have hit a wall when it comes to implementing a shopping cart. Can you recommend any good tutorials, I know you'll probably suggest google but believe me I've tried.

Regards.

I've done one recently OP and all has gone relatively well except for an issue I'm working on with a large degree of help on this forum, which is to be able to delete an item from my cart. Other than that one headwrecking issue, I think it has been relatively painless! Have a look at this thead on my endaevours here!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055532550

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

If you are using PHP, then: http://www.phpwebcommerce.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

im looking for something using javascript and cookies i am able to store the items in a cookie but am at a loss to assign a price to these items and keep it in the cookie. Server side scripts seem to be the solution but i have a limited timeframe in order to complete the project.

Advertisement