Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonecover - New Phone BUT Wrong Colour

• 21-04-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Last weekend my mobile phone got stolen and I had to put a claim in with Phone cover, problem is the new one arrived today and its Red where as my original phone was Blue. Hell the only reason I got the original phone was because it was blue.

Still in the box havn't even turned it on yet, any ideas on what I can do?

Cheers Guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They dont have to give you the exact one if 'its not available', so they send the nearest model they have. They are covered on their end, but i would suggest you call them and see if they can offer sort of comprise. Other than that, not much you can do im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

Urgh! Foooooooking HATE RED. With a passion like.
    Rather buy a new one.... seriously.

Looks like a massive, bitchy, email is going to phonecover tomorrow lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Urgh! Foooooooking HATE RED. With a passion like.
    Rather buy a new one.... seriously.

Looks like a massive, bitchy, email is going to phonecover tomorrow lol
    Why a "massive bitchy email" ? Why not just call them up and tell them you had a blue one and you'd like a blue one again? If they say it's a stock issue advise you're willing to wait or whatever and see what they say.

It may not even be a case of "tough crap" or "take what you're given". It may be a mistake as they only have the IMEI and the mobile number on the claim form and they may not bother going back to see what colour it was, or may not be aware etc.

Ring them, be nice, explain, ask. Don't bitch. That gets you no where in life. It even slows down things that you're "entitled to".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭D-Boy

Dont be nice be a total bastard..it will work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Random wrote: »
    Ring them, be nice, explain, ask. Don't bitch. That gets you no where in life. It even slows down things that you're "entitled to".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Advertisement

D-Boy wrote: »
    Dont be nice be a total bastard..it will work...
    You've been infracted. Please keep your posts on relevant and good natured. If you (or anyone) has any problems with this please drop me a PM and DO NOT bring it up on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

May i ask a Question about phone cover, If i got a phone from O2 and it got it unlocked with Phone cover give me a O2 Locked phone or a Sim free model?

Insurance doesnt cover handsets that are unlocked

Sure how are they ment to find out if it was unlocked, if the phone was lost or stolen etc.....

D-Boy wrote: »
    Insurance doesnt cover handsets that are unlocked

They ask O2 if it was ever unlocked theres no way around it

• Advertisement

Eh since when are o2 the only people who can unlock phones?????

Whether your phone is locked or unlocked is not relevant. Phonecover will not check if your phone is unlocked or locked before sending you replacement, just as they will not check replacement. If replacement is locked you need to request a code again from O2.

Perhaps what D-Boy is getting confused with is that insurance won't cover you if you don't have your O2 SIM in the phone when the loss / theft / damage happens.

Advertisement