Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Want to be mentored through DCM 09 Training?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Thanks guys, this is FANTASTIC. So excited about Dublin now. :D

Amadeus, your comment about Triathlons permitting wasn't far off the truth. Took a tumble on some railway tracks yesterday, smacked myself off the tracks rather than the "softer" tarmac option! Bike helmet is now a write off and I think I managed to concuss myself :rolleyes: Kept vomiting in my mouth on the way home. Bloody awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Arcee

Hey there, I literally just saw this thread a few hours ago and I know it's late but I'm really interested in joining up if you're still taking people on? :o

My background..... well, I guess I started running very casually about 10 weeks before the women's mini marathon in 2006. I made it round in 1 hour and 5 mins which is really slow and I was a little disappointed, but the crazy heat that year and traffic in the first 2k was a big problem for me - nearly knocked over a good few old ladies and men in dresses! :D That's the only race I've run in so I have no other times for comparison or average.

I kept running til nearly the end of 06 but unfortunately for a combo of reasons, did no running in 07 and 08. I'm out of condition but I desperatley want to get back into it again and am prepared to put in the hours and make any sacrifices needed. :eek::D

I've had a few failed attempts getting back on the horse and I know they were because I didn't have a goal or the right support structure. I think this is a great opportunity and would love to be included if you reckon I can go from basically a novice up to someone who can make it around the course! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Right then, recruits, eyes right and quick march HERE!!

Sign yourselves in and make yourselves at home :)

All done :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Right then, recruits, eyes right and quick march HERE!!

Sign yourselves in and make yourselves at home :)

All signed up for 6 months of hardship, I mean FUN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

PM'ed - thanks Peckham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

PM'd also. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Thanks guys, this is FANTASTIC. So excited about Dublin now. :D

Amadeus, your comment about Triathlons permitting wasn't far off the truth. Took a tumble on some railway tracks yesterday, smacked myself off the tracks rather than the "softer" tarmac option! Bike helmet is now a write off and I think I managed to concuss myself :rolleyes: Kept vomiting in my mouth on the way home. Bloody awful.

Hardy by name.......:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

great work guys. I shall be following this with interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Sent on a mail there. 'Peckham pacers'....I like it. Hello to everyone on the team! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement