Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Tired!!!

Options
  • 21-04-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been feeling really tired the past 3 weeks or so. I think I have been sleeping fine. Getting about 8hrs. Maybe waking up once or twice but no bother getting back to sleep. Also have strange dreams at times.

Any ideas why I am so tired? I have been eating well and getting exercise.
    Yet on occasion I get bad headaches and have stiff neck and shoulders.

I am just drained each day. Tried going to bed early but seem unable to get to sleep before 11.30pm. And I always wake up before 9am.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Do you remember your dreams? Maybe they're stressing you out when you are sleeping resulting in not gaining the best rest while you are asleep?

Usually having a look into stressful dreams can help resolve any issue that might be upsetting/stressful etc and that can then help getting proper restful sleep again.

Other things such as noise, lights, caffeine, mobile phones can all interrupt a proper sleep as well, so try to eliminate these things if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Hey OP I'm having similar problems.Since the clock changed, i've been sleeping really badly.Keep waking up in the middle of the night too, and taking ages to go back to sleep. I'm awake by about 6am every weekend, and find it really really hard to go back to sleep. I just can't figure out why, and I'm really struggling.Getting upset by the slightest things and everything.I do think the change in the hour, and so the change in the morning light takes getting used to, but I didn't expect it take this long. Is it getting any better for you?And does anyone out there have any suggestions as to what I can do?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Get your bloods done at your doctors in case it's a physiological problem, just in case.

I often wonder if dreams affect the quality of your sleep. I dream a lot and never feel refreshed when I wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You're not getting enough sleep, when you wake up every time your body takes time to fall asleep, you're breaking your sleep pattern so you have to figure out whats waking you up and stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Could be too much use of a computer during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Seems to be a medical problem, not a dreaming problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

K09 wrote: »
    I have been feeling really tired the past 3 weeks or so.
    What happened 3 weeks ago? Any significant event in your life? Illness? What about changes in diet, exercise, work, school, relationships, or bedding beginning 3 weeks ago? Need more details...

Advertisement