Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Renoir usage + battery life?

• 21-04-2009 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Was thinking of buying one of these from ebay but wanted to get yer opinoins first.

I ve read a fair bit about them and love the features but I am use to a nokia so wanted to ask what the menu's are like.

also, my current N82 battery can't go a day without a charge so want something that can last a while. I know that if I have it playing music all day the battery will run out quicker but does anyone know if its used moderatly does the battery last.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hi all,
    Was thinking of buying one of these from ebay but wanted to get yer opinoins first.

I ve read a fair bit about them and love the features but I am use to a nokia so wanted to ask what the menu's are like.

also, my current N82 battery can't go a day without a charge so want something that can last a while. I know that if I have it playing music all day the battery will run out quicker but does anyone know if its used moderatly does the battery last.

Thanks

Go into a 3 store and try the phone before you buy it off eBay (make sure it isn't a knock-off) , very similar to the Viewty in its layout. Thought the menus were a tad slow when I tried, not a deal breaker but enough to be a niggle with everyday use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

I have one about two days, in fact I'm on it right now. The battery life isn't bad, but you can get a pretty cheap second battery from e-cell.co.uk if needs be. As a phone I find it very good and I'm a little surprised it can last so long with all the features it has and how heavily I've used it. That said I don't think you'll get more than maybe four days with modest use, if you're using it heavily I'd say just charge it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Excellent phone and not a bad battery life considering how much you'd end up using it as soon as you get it. Would definitely recommend getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Hey read through the unlock thread but was no help in answering whether the LG renoir can be unlocked from 3 by code or would I have to bring to a store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Hey read through the unlock thread but was no help in answering whether the LG renoir can be unlocked from 3 by code or would I have to bring to a store?

Hey, about to buy th LG Renoir on 3, can someone confirm wheter this can be code unlocked or do I need to bring it to a shop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Hey, about to buy th LG Renoir on 3, can someone confirm wheter this can be code unlocked or do I need to bring it to a shop?
    Random wrote: »
    Q: How can I unlock my phone?

A: There are many ways to unlock your phone;
    1. The simplest way is to call the network the phone is locked too and ask them for the unlocking code, for them to give you the unlock code you must have an account with them, and usually you must also have spent €120+ on the account since you got the phone. The best thing is to ring them, as they have given unlock codes to customers for a lot less, it all really depends on the network. And the 3 network have an extra fee of about €27, to cover administration fees.
    2. Phone unlocking shops, there are many of them in Ireland. They charge a variety of prices depending on the make & model of the phone that needs to be unlocked. It's usually cheaper to get a phone unlocked in a phone unlocking shop than paying €120+ to get your unlock code from the network. Phone unlocking shops use a variety of unlocking equipment to unlock phones including unlocking boxes, these connect to a PC and from the box a cable connects to your phone, like this. These unlocking boxes range from €200 up-wards, so it's not really economic to purchase one just to unlock one or two phones. The cost of unlocking a phone in an unlocking shop depends on the phone and the shop of course.
    So the answer to your question would be, both.

Advertisement