Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual training methods

Options
  • 21-04-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any? In MMA there are training methods that may seem unusual to outsiders, such as kettlebell training, bashing a tyre with a sledghammer but they seem normal to us.

In terms of MMA fitness there must be loads of unusual training methods people do. Also in terms of start of class drills, maybe pummelling differently to take one out of their comfort zone.

As for me, I have good grip strength. I did those handgrippers one gets with a weights set. Did them for ages, became too easy then I got a captain of crush gripper which is 3 times harder (140lbs per square inch instead of 50). Not that unusual but its what I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

As for me, I have good grip strength. I did those handgrippers one gets with a weights set. Did them for ages, became too easy then I got a captain of crush gripper which is 3 times harder (140lbs per square inch instead of 50). Not that unusual but its what I do.

Ever try pull ups with tennis balls in your hands? That's what Jens Pulver was doing before his first fight with Faber to improve his grip strength

Wanderlei's snorkel training is unusual. How effective would it actually be though?

Advertisement