Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL- They're just un-be-lievable!!!!!

• 21-04-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Called them, said I wanted to cancel my T.V. subscription but keep my broadband connection. They said;
    "that's fine but please confirm that by sending an email to resolutionteam@upc.ie.

No problem. Sent them this which I think you'll agree has pretty clear instructions.
    Afternoon,

I was just on the phone to one of your representatives in order to cancel my "Go Digital Max Pack" television subscription and this email is to confirm that.
    I also currently have your Broadband Express product which I do not wish to cancel.
    My account number is *******.

Many thanks,

They replied
    Please note we have received your email request to disconnect your service for account no 42325797 with UPC Ireland.
    Termination has been set for 18 April 09, 30 days from the date your email was received by our office as per our business rules.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 1908 or by email at resolutionteam@upc.ie

What did they do?
    The exact and precise opposite of what they were supposed to and cancelled my broadband and left the T.V. subscription!

Amazing! It's like they're all in opposites universe!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I think that may be an automated reply just changing the account numbers & date, because I more or less got the same message when I cancelled my entire subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Then why do they ask people to send them!!? GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

They must have read it because they didn't cancel my entire subscription. Just the half I wanted to keep and left me with the half I didn't want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well here's what I sent to the Resolution Team.
    Apparently my instructions below to cancel my T.V. subscription, and not to cancel my broadband miraculously turned into the exact and precise opposite in NTL's world.
    I don't know what to say, I really don't! I suppose I should be thankful that I wasn't in a "cut the red wire and not the green one" with NTL because...well, I'd be dead!

Spoke to ***** in customer services who was very helpful and understanding and assures me my broadband will be back on in 24 to 48 hours YET I can't help but think I'll get a call from one of your engineers telling me he's outside my house ready to install the telephone. And I'm also pretty resigned to the fact that I'll probably also get a bill for T.V. too subscription I didn't want too!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Well here's what I sent to the Resolution Team.

Lol to email. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mendo

I was just about to do the same today, cancel the analog TV service and keep the Broadband only (extra 6 euro on top of the Broadband price).

Regards,

Mendo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I was told they don't email a reply but send out a cancellation notice via post.

this was after I had to ring to confirm that they received my email and the account was going to be canceled!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I often say it but you really have to try very very hard to be as consistenly awful as UPC are. You would think that every so often they would make a mistake (for them!) and get something right!

UPC = you poor customers!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

dub45 wrote: »
    I often say it but you really have to try very very hard to be as consistenly awful as UPC are. You would think that every so often they would make a mistake (for them!) and get something right!

UPC = you poor customers!!!!

I think if you look at your own bb speed megathread they do get it wrong in customers favours also , some people getting way above advertised speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

hightower1 wrote: »
    I think if you look at your own bb speed megathread they do get it wrong in customers favours also , some people getting way above advertised speeds.

Nothing justifies their consistently lousy customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mendo

I rang them today!
    First I had to get a sales rep to redirect me to a customer care rep and finally got redirected to "disconnections".
    A rep from disconnections told me that I should email the "resolution team" email address with the request and that he can't do anything about it.
    It looks that the 15 minutes I've lost on the phone were no good and they won't register my request by phone.

I emailed the resolutionteam@upc.ie and hope for the best.

Regards,

Mendo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Just off the phone with them there for the same stuff as above. Yer one actually pestered me about not having a new television in my new apt. I told her exactly what I thought of that at the end of the call and I've put it in the email to the resolution folks. And it's going to be dearer now when not bundled with TV? Point me in the direction of the competition!

Advertisement